Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon's LG series phones

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Yankees400, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Yankees400

Yankees400 New Member

Does anyone have any experiences regarding the LG series flip-phones used on the Verizon network. I currently have an Audiovox 9000 and am looking to upgrade to the LG phone which is smaller and is a flip-phone style. Any comments would be appreciated.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hello Yankees (wait that's plural and I'm only talking to one person, I'm confused. Oh, I get it, like the Borg: "We are Borg.")

Anywhose, yes I had the LG TM510 for a while. The phone was great. Verizon didn't meet my expectations.

The above phone has a large (over 1,000) user group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tm510

The long-awaited (and still waiting) upgrade to that, the VX-1 can be found at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tm520

And just in case you'd consider going with ATT instead of Verizon, you can join the the Panasonic Allure user's group (which I started) at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanAlllure. The Allure is only the greatest phone in the whole universe right now. (My modest, unbiased and objective opinion ;-) The PanAllure group was created 11/22/2001 and is currently at 187 users from across the USA, which is an average of 4.45 users being added every day. This is 1.0 more users than Wireless Advisor is averaging.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Kevin,
    It's probably the BASEBALL team.
    You know! That struggling group of men from the little backwater of The Bronx.

4. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Oh, ya, baseball. I've heard of that. Isn't that where grown men try to catch an orange-sized ball while the guy that hit it runs around in a circle?

5. milarepa

milarepa New Member

Kevin,

Your comment on the relative number of visits to Wireless and Allure web sites reminded me of an earlier thought I had had . In my cellular search/education I only discovered wireless near the end and I dont recall now even where it was listed.

In spite of my late arrival, wirelessadvisor has proven more valuable than all the other sources combined. Is there anything we can do to spread the word so newcomers to the cell world can find us sooner?

Peter

6. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Peter, and welcome. I hope I didn't sound like I was tooting my own horn too loudly. (My point was that I was surprised that since the Allure group was considerably more narrowing in focus than WA, that I was actually adding users at a faster rate. My only "advertising" was postings I've made here, EPinions and alt.cellular...)

Regarding your offer to WA, you'd need to contact them. Their email address is on the main page. (I can remember exact address but I think I used forums@wirelessadvisor.com and webmaster@wirelessadvisor.com) Like you, I am just a member (albeit very vocal one).

7. Yankees400

Yankees400 New Member

Does the LG company have a website?

8. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon