Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon's 2009: BlackBerrys, HTCs, Netbooks, and loads of data

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by M in LA, Jan 29, 2009.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Well, this really isn't rumor BUT...You never know how much of this will change, nonetheless, good stuff is coming to Verizon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    very curious....but honestly all i really care about is a CDMA version of the Bold

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

Same here......... I'm hoping for a Bold too. Or an updated Curve.
    The screen size for the bold is a little big for me.

I love my Pearl but I'm ready for a change.

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    ehhh the Curve was nice but actually now that i'm thinking of the Bold I want to get the second version of it that doesnt have all the bugs cuz it was my understanding that when it was first introduced to all the carriers there were some problems with it....AT&T overlooked this and took the Bold anyway but the other carriers decided to hold out....is anyone aware of some problems there might be with the Bold?

5. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    According to Engadget, Fun rumor du jour: BlackBerry Bold coming to Sprint this quarter - Engadget Mobile, a CDMA version of the Bold could be coming out later this quarter, or possibly 2nd quarter.

The article mentions Sprint, but I'm sure Verizon will get it too (unless one of the mentioned BB's in the press release will come out instead of the Bold).

It makes sense considering the GSM Bold has been out for a while now. Time will tell...

6. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:highclap:

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    so i'm reading some rumors that the Sprint Bold will carry an altered Sprint UI..

like the way Verizon does theirs? or the way Sprint normally slightly alters the firmware?

8. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik New Member

My Phone:
    LG Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You know what would be really great? The ability to use any device on any plan. Like a Blackberry/Windows device on a nationwide "unlimited" plan instead of having special plans at increased price for those devices.

That's why I still have an old Voyager and not a new Storm.

Sorry. /rant

9. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Verizon would have a heart attack over your suggestion, but I get where you're coming from.

It's one thing to have simple internet on a phone via their web portal versus unfettered access on a smartphone. Verizon can't control the web experience on a smartphone, compared to the way they can on regular phones.

The Voyager is one of the few newer devices that falls in between regular and smart phones. Verizon will attempt to control the user experience as much as they can, as it feeds their revenue engine. Many of us don't agree with it, but if we don't like it, there's plenty of competition out there...

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah Sprint beat everyone else out on that. it's just unlimited data now it's not unlimited PDA/Smartphone data or unlimited Blackberry data or tzones or MEdia Net or anything else.....it's just good old

DATA