Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ceric20, Feb 13, 2003.

1. ceric20

ceric20 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Cingular)
    When is Verizon comming out with the phones that you can take Pictures on like Sprint and Tmoble?
    I talked to a customer Service Rep and they said soon dose anyone know??

2. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

I think around mid year (around June, give or take a month). This is not a fact, but rumored. I am not sure if anyone here has any real facts on this yet, but if you do, please comment.

3. Strobe212

Strobe212 Junior Member

Come on though, its obviously going to cost a lot of money. VZW has been making people pay sooooo much money for any extra service they provide, that a typical bill for someone who wants to actually use these services is going to be very close to $100 a month.

4. northform

northform Bronze Senior Member

Mobe charges extra for cool stuff too.

5. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    1.) EVERYBODY charges for extra stuff. Thsi isn't new.

2.) Verizon is in the busines to MAKE MONEY. This is a company who refuses not to be profitable. Yuo should expect to be charged for everything with them.

6. xtoddler2

xtoddler2 Junior Member

The greatest thing about Verizon, is that no one ever knows when anything is coming out. No matter HOW inside of a source you have...they still will never know, since most things they do, are in testing.
    Seems to be, that Verizon does more testing then any other carrier. They admit that. If they had just made everything 800Mhz, or 1.9Ghz, and stopped lolly-gagging around with things, they would be more like Sprint, or T-Mobile....able to come out with multimedia, and products a little more quickly.

As for them charging for things like Sprint has, its pretty safe to say, that since they (Verizon) must consistantly work on TWO frequencies (800, and 1.9), its going to take a while before anything is done. THINK TRI-MODE PHONES VERIZON. Quit the Dual Band crud. This way everything will work on the system as a whole, not only in select areas.

ATT and T-Mobile cost an arm and leg for multi-media content from what Ive seen. Im not saying Sprint doesnt charge a lot, however, its still a lot cheaper then ATT. You can bet, that since Verizon has 3 different types of bands, it will be more costly, and more time before they get their show on the road.

If you want multi-media NOW, think T-Mobile, ATT, and Sprint. If you want to watch the weeds grow, the cows give birth, and the cotton get picked, then wait for Verizon to completely go to ONE type of CDMA, not 2.

7. mreg

mreg Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yup, that's probably why Verizon has the most reliable network and the best customer service. If the read the Sprint PCS newsgroup, everyone's boasting how they got "retention plans" with 700+ anytime minutes for $30. And then they complain because Sprint can't afford to improve its network or train or retain qualified customer service personnel.

8. ockidd15

ockidd15 Senior Member

I agree, but then again aren't tri mode phones more expensive than dual band phones? I would think they'd still make money off those dual band phones for those who don't need analog support. If I had a choice, I'd rather pay about $100 less for a dual mode rather than a tri mode which I wouldn't need. Of course, in real life I need it. [​IMG]

9. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    AT&T is dual band too. They are working on GSM 800 as we speak.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...