Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon XV6700

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by kranium007, Mar 19, 2006.

1. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    Anyone here have any experience with this device? Im going to pick one up this weekend and wanted to see if anybody has input, good or bad, about it. thanks -rich

ps... its nice to finally get back on here and post something again!!!! i missed it!!!

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    It is a great device. The best PDA/Phone I have owned so far. The slide out keyboard is nice. The built in WiFi is great as I don't have EVDO where I live.

Their are some annoyances with the device though. It's speed is sluggish out of the box. Bluetooth headset volume is low along with Speakerphone volume. Also mp3s from mimiSD card skip. The great thing is most if not all of the annoyances of this phone can be fixed with hacks to the OS or programs. Hopefully Verizon will have a ROM upgade like Sprint just released for the device which fixed a lot of the problems with the device & added some nice new features as well.

A must read/browse for any 6700 owner!

pdahomephone 6700 forum

And of course their is always WA! :D

6700 mod & tools thread

3. pagerone08

pagerone08 New Member

Has anyone been on a website and wheb you go to click what would normally be a hyperlink were unable to click it? For example, on yahoo I can't click compose or delete. Anyone know how to get around this?

4. MidnightDT

MidnightDT Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

on the 6700 or a pc?

5. vic1977

vic1977 New Member

6. thenewrecruiting

thenewrecruiting New Member

hello, i have the same problem. on my 6700. when i go to mail.yahoo.com, i can't seem to click on the "compose" or "reply" or "forward" buttons.

please advice.

new to the forum (joined today) and i just got a 6700 from a friend (gave it to me since he got a new phone from verizon). i'm using it right now for its wifi capabilities and also for its pda functions.

thanks.

7. joe124

joe124 New Member

I have this phone for one year. Nothing but problems. Be sure to buy insurnace. I heard they will stop making this device and a new model will replace it by Verizon.

8. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    They have stopped making this device and the 6800 will be replacing it. Screen doesn't have the resolution of a treo, but its just as thick a phone. The new 6800 coming out is a lot thinner. We have treo 700w, xv6700 and bb8830 at work and by far the 6700 has had the fewest problems, but getting them replaced when something goes wrong, verizon has to dig to round them up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. joe124

joe124 New Member

Thanks for the response. I hope I can nurse my pda until march, 2008 then change devices right away. My wife has a samsung cell and I use a verizon pc card modem for internet access. Both devices work fine. xv6700 is a great idea when working. Many features and quick internet access. BUT, when it acts up, I have to make numerous adjustments until working again. Soon I will do a hard reset. I have a backup program in case i need to do a hard reset. I learned that trick in the past. Rearding customer service, hard to find a technician familiar with xv6700. If i am too technical they insist on changing the device. hard to find more information on trouble shooting for this pda.

10. M_Six

M_Six Junior Member

My Phone:
    XV 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I love it as a PDA for checking email and tethering. As a phone, forget it. Especially in non-EVDO areas. Mine and my boss's both drop incoming calls after one ring and we both have to place outgoing calls twice. In EVDO areas it's not an issue. Plus the volume stinks out of the box, although as others have said, you can fix that with a hack. If you're going to use it for tethering, definitely get PDAnet. It works perfectly every time.

Also as stated above, the 6700 is probably no longer available. The 6800 is supposed to be thinner and hopefully they've fixed some issues.

11. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    The 6800 should be out in Oct/Nov after originally supposed to be out in May. Got to love Verizon's testing procedures that take forever.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    Search for a program called Yahoo! Go, I have it on my PDA and I really like it. Another option to use through the browser is: mobile.yahoo.com.

The 6700 seems to understand hyperlinks, but is a bit lacking on understanding buttons. I'm hoping this is something that gets corrected for WM6.

13. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    Will the 6700 be upgradeable to WM6?

14. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I doubt it but who knows.

15. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    If one is due for new every two and is willing to try. I'll have to ask my buddy to try it on his.