Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Wireless Network Expansion in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Ironwalt, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Press Release Source: Verizon Wireless

Loudon, New Hampshire Residents to Benefit From Verizon Wireless Network Expansion
    Wednesday December 12, 11:05 am ET
    Investing to Stay Ahead of Growing Demand for Wireless Voice, Multimedia and Internet Access

LOUDON, N.H., Dec. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- In a continuing effort to provide the best wireless service for local residents in Merrimack County, Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, has expanded its network with a new cell site. The new site provides new coverage and capacity along Route 106 as well as the surrounding area.

Verizon Wireless invested $145 million during the first six months of the year to enhance wireless capacity and coverage throughout the six states of New England, elevating the cumulative network investment in the region to more than $2 billion since 2000. Nationally the company invests more than $1 billion every 90 days to stay ahead of the growing demand for Verizon Wireless voice and data services, including picture messaging, text messaging, BroadbandAccess high-speed internet and the company's exclusive V CAST service. The company's ongoing network investment now totals more than $40 billion nationally over the past seven years.

BroadbandAccess Revision A offers computer users the nation's most reliable high-speed wireless mobile broadband network, operating at average upload speeds between 500 and 800 kbps, and download speeds between 600 kbps and 1.4 mbps. V CAST brings video clips of TV shows, music on demand and other multimedia services to wireless phones over Verizon Wireless' high-speed EV-DO network.

Strong demand for Verizon Wireless services continued during the third quarter of 2007 as the company added 1.6 million net new customers and also reported the lowest customer turnover (highest customer loyalty) rate in the wireless industry.

The company's 'nation's most reliable wireless network' reputation is based on network studies performed by real-life test men and test women throughout the country who inspired the "can you hear me now" national advertising campaign. Nationally, these test men and women drive nearly 100 specially equipped vehicles almost 1,000,000 miles annually on Interstate, U.S. and state highways as well as major roads and surface streets in high- population areas, based upon U.S. Census counts, to confirm that voice calls and data connections are successful on the first attempt and stay connected. Vehicles are equipped with computers that automatically make more than three million voice call attempts and more than 16 million data tests annually on Verizon Wireless' network and the networks of other carriers.

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 63.7 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 68,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ - News) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD - News News). Find more information on the Web at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source: Verizon Wireless

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fullstrength

Fullstrength Junior Member

i am really getting tired of these announcements, Verizon write a press release for a single tower, Since Verizon has such great coverage, why doesnt it focus on lower prices. Verizon's were the best just doesnt cut it anymore, and when MetroPCS rolls into town, i wonder what Verizon will do.

3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    They won't have to do anything for a while once Metro PCS rolls into town as it will take Metro PCS years to match the current carriers footprint in the area.

4. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Agreed, t-mobile has been in boston for sometime and they still aren't perfect in cetain areas, Metro is going to have their work cut out for them in the northeast. Don't expect them to cover Loudon anytime soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Does anyone know if this site is north or south of the Speedway? And asfar as Metro PCS is concerned, they most likely will not have much of a market outside of route 128.

6. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Press Release Source: Verizon Wireless

Chester and Raymond, New Hampshire Residents to Benefit from Verizon Wireless Network Expansion
    Thursday December 27, 9:15 am ET
    Investing to Stay Ahead of Growing Demand for Wireless Voice, Multimedia and Internet Access

CHESTER, N.H., Dec. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- In a continuing effort to provide the best wireless service for local residents in Rockingham County, Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation's most reliable wireless network, has expanded its network with a new cell site. The new site provides improved coverage and capacity along Route 102 in northern Chester and southern Raymond, as well as the surrounding area.

Chester and Raymond, New Hampshire Residents to Benefit from Verizon Wireless Network Expansion: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

7. BrianS

BrianS New Member

My Phone:
    motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    The cell site is (at) the speedway,and there is a new one south of the speedway,Dont worry
    all of Verizon service will only get better for the future in NH

8. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    They need a site north of the speedway. My friend with Verizon always drop there. My friends with USCC have constant coverage all the way to Laconia,

9. BrianS

BrianS New Member

My Phone:
    motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    Ya djjim there is a dead spot north of the speedway ,once you head north it gets hillyer and there
    is not much you can do , in some parts of this state you are just going to have drop offsand it will
    be a while before you see it fixed the demografic;s just dont support the adding of towers in some area's , there are a lot of those dead spots thruout the state ,the main signals are along
    the hyways and hi resid,comm areas were the demografic justifys it ,but they are adding new
    sites all the time ,this summer they will be adding many new sites in the north country ,north
    of the white mnt's berlin,gorham,and two other locations up there.Verizon is one of the best
    in this state i can drive on almost all the hyways and have broadband on my laptop without
    drop offs, but once you go off into the mnt's roads north of Tilton it gets dicey.

10. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That is precisely why most folks north of Concord choose USCC. USCC has a lot better coverage in theses areas. USS has towers in downtown Laconia, downtown Franklin, that spot on 106 we were talking about is covered well too. These are areas where Vzw fails. Maybe Vzw will improve after the Unicel merger completes.

11. BrianS

BrianS New Member

My Phone:
    motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    Well i had uscc and the service was not good at all , but that was many years ago and i am sure
    that they have improved since then , The only place i useto lose service is in downtown franklin
    but that has improved and as far as my cell service i have only a few places in the state that i
    have a problem and really that is few and far between i am very happy with my service and i dont
    have any problem north of the speedway 99% of the time , i think some problems people have
    is with there phone itself , some phones are better than others. Now as far as the merger that
    you are speak of ? if your refering to Fairpoint buying out Verizon that is only landlines
    Verizon Wireless is not the same company as Verizon Landlines they are two differant
    companys although , most people think that there are the same but they are not , I know this
    cause i work for a company that service's all of Verizon Wireless cell towers. If you look at the
    map's of coverage Verizon has the best of all the cell companys by far in NH and ME and it
    wasn't until a short time ago that all the other cell companys started adding towers in some
    of the northern area's and i have been to all of them in the state of NH and some in ME ,for the
    most part Verizon has the most site's in the state and they have the most modern equipment
    for highspeed broadband and they have the best backup generators and systems in the industry
    as far as i seen, some of the other companys don't even have backup generators so if the power
    goes out you have no service , maybe only for a few hours at best on batterys.

12. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No, I am talking about Rural Cellular d/b/a Unicel. Verizon is buying them out. They own the 850 mhz in northern NH (US Cell owns the other one) and parts of VT and ME.