Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Wireless invests $139 in 2007 in SC's network

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by Andy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Verizon Wireless Spends More than $139 Million in 2007 to Enhance South Carolina's Wireless Network

Company's Network Investment Nears $600 Million Since 2000; Verizon Wireless Blankets South Carolina with High-Speed Broadband Access
    January 23, 2008: 01:45 PM EST

COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless announced today that the company has invested more than $139 million to improve its voice and data wireless network across South Carolina in 2007, increasing the company's total investment since 2000 to nearly $600 million.

Significant 2007 network improvements in South Carolina include:
    -- Areas around Columbia such as Gaston, Lexington County and Lake Murray
    -- Areas around Charleston such as Seabrook Island and Ashley River Rd
    near Charleston-Dorchester County Lines
    -- Areas around Myrtle Beach such as Carolina Forest and US-501 west of
    the Intracoastal Waterway

Verizon Wireless also expanded and upgraded its Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev A) network throughout Anderson, Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, Florence, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach and Orangeburg. Verizon Wireless' EV-DO network is currently available to more than 250 million Americans throughout 250 major metropolitan areas and 180 major airports.

"As more people use their wireless devices to surf the web and download music and streaming videos, it is imperative that Verizon Wireless invest significantly to bring our customers reliable service to keep up with their demand for high-speed internet," said Jerry Fountain, Verizon Wireless Carolinas/Tennessee region president. "Verizon Wireless is also focused on making the shopping experience more convenient and accessible, so our customers will see shopping conveniences and store improvements in many of our SC locations."

Verizon Wireless opened and remodeled several retail locations in Greenwood, Seneca and Columbia during 2007, extending the company's customer service options and creating new employment opportunities for South Carolinians. The company has 29 company-owned and operated retail stores in South Carolina with more planned in 2008.

With more than 4,000 people employed statewide, Verizon Wireless operates three state-of-the-art customer service centers in the state's largest metropolitan areas (Columbia, Greenville and Charleston). Verizon Wireless was recently recognized in the 2007 South Carolina Chamber of Commerce's annual "Big Fifty," a ranking based on the number of people companies employ in South Carolina.

For more information about Verizon Wireless' products, services and opportunities in South Carolina call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 63.7 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 68,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications and Vodafone . For more information, go to: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

Verizon Wireless Spends More than $139 Million in 2007 to Enhance South Carolina's Wireless Network

2. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    I know of a tower here in Gaffney, where they added antennas to about 8 months ago.
    (2 miles off I-85 exit 90, at Hyatt Street @ US-29, close to Gaffney HS)
    Prior to that, Verizon coverage in downtown Gaffney, as well as the business corridor (Floyd Baker Blvd) was pretty bad.

I didn't think they would be investing that much :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jerry 12

jerry 12 Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular / Verizon
    they need to do that and more in the greenville , north carolina area. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Wirelessly posted (XV6600 and Blackberry 7250: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10406/298; U; en))

I often wonder how accurate those numbers are and what exactly vzw includes in those figures...