Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Wireless in Negotiations with Bluegrass Cellular

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by zucccchini, Oct 8, 2017.

1. zucccchini

zucccchini New Member

Well, that is what Verizon told me when I complained I could not text outside my Bluegrass roaming area. We were on vacation and there is no texting, data service any longer if you are out of your Bluegrass Cellular area. You get two texts a day and thats it. Bluegrass said they thought they had resolved the issue until I went out of town on business the next week and the same thing happened. My husband and I traveled to Virginia from Kentucky and there was no texting but two a day! We had just upped our plan to 3 GB! and they not only would not deliver the text, they said we were over our limit. We had used less than 90 mb. When we arrived home Bluegrass kept insisting there was nothing wrong. But when my husband became frustrated called Verizon and asked about switching directly to Verizon and they informed us that they were in negotiations with Bluegrass. That they had a signed agreement they would not sign with anyone in their (Bluegrass's) signal area. Our zip code would not allow that. My husband was livid since our children all live out of state. That is how we communicate with them is by texting.

Looking for someone that knows when their negotiations may be concluded. We plan on dropping Bluegrass and going with Verizon on a different zip code end of October if something is not resolved soon.

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I have not heard of Verizon buying Bluegrass. Bluegrass is one of Verizon LTEIRA partners (Verizon owns the LTE spectrum, but the rural partner provides the cellular service and leases the LTE).

I would advise against signing up with Verizon while permanently roaming on Bluegrass. They have started to crack down on users who are permanently roaming. Some users have been booted as a result. Also, they have updated the roaming policies; a speed cap has been put in place.

https://arstechnica.com/information...customers-off-network-for-using-roaming-data/
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/domestic-roaming-faqs/

If Bluegrass isn't cutting it, perhaps AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile are alternatives?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...