Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon wireless codes?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by trouted, Jul 11, 2003.

1. trouted

trouted New Member

Anyone willing to post some # and * codes for verizon wireless? I'm about to get a verizon phone and I don't know many for their network.

2. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

Verizon * numbers:

*228 updates PRL or programs your handset depending on the option.
    #646 (MIN) gives you usage totals since last statement date
    #225 (BAL) gives you account balances
    *511 Roamer access port (airtime free) while in CT
    *86 (VM) voice mail access

NON VERIZON SPECIFIC NUMBERS
    *911 same as 911 (Gives you the nearest State Police barracks)
    *77 (SP) same as *911, used in MA and other states

Anyone know others?

3. Steve0

Steve0 Junior Member

Can you explain this one, please?

Thanks

-Steve

4. tkline98

tkline98 New Member

Ditto that... What does *511 do for me?

Also.. *18 apparently registers your phone in a non-home network if it doesn't do it automatically.

Also, on their website you will find *72 (set call forwarding), *73 (cancel call forwarding), etc... there are a few different codes for different types of forwarding (I can't quite remember them all...)

5. CellPhoneJunkie2

CellPhoneJunkie2 New Member

Also *67 (block Caller ID)
    *82 (unblock Caller ID)
    *1 (in Eastern MA) Traffic conditions
    *77 works in many states, but not all, to reach the state police (in New Hampshire, it's *NH, in Western MA, it's *677- presumably you'd otherwise be connected to CT State Police - and in several states, it's *HP instead of *SP), but this isn't specific to Verizon

6. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    i called 911 to report a serious accident i came across at 2am a few weeks ago on 95 in virginia. i was routed first to the state police when i called 911. it was pretty strange i dont think this was supposed to happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    did cop respond ? j/k hey cop r u actually a cop ? just wondering, ill be joining the force very soon hopefuly for my local town but ill take whatever town offerrs in the area. unfortunatly wireless just isnt enough money especially at an authorized dealer. And verizon seems harder and harder to get into.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...