Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon vs. Tmobil on LongIsland and NYC

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by rosie, Sep 3, 2002.

1. rosie

rosie New Member

I am using ATT now and the reception is horrid. Dropped calles switches to analong and tons of dead zones. I know part of that is because I am on the Island, but I know that the other part is due to AT&T. In doing a little research, I keep hearing about Tmobil and Verison. Could anyone please tell me what their take is on either service. I need to know about service both on Long Island and in NY City. Thanks

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Verizon is known for its superior coverage in NYC. I am confident in Long Island they will have superior coverage. I am not sure about T-Mobile.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizon service has been excellent for me in NYC and LI. I'm an ex-AT&T'er too for the exact same reasons. I think both operators have 15 day or so trial periods. Why not sign up w/both and try them back-to-back then go with the one that works best for you.

4. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

For NYC and Long Island there's only one word.....

VERIZON

I'm all over both places all the time, and have NEVER hit a dead spot, except in certain buildings. Even then, only 1 or 2 in particular, and as soon as you step outside you have a full blast signal. Some buildings let NOBODY'S signal through....

Go with VZW and sleep well at night =)

5. rosie

rosie New Member

Thanks all, I have also been asking friends who they are with and have heard good things about both Verizon and T-Moblie with regards to their reception; However I have heard that the customer service at Verizon is terrible. Anyone experience this? And if anyone has any info on T-mobile, please let me know. Oh and thanks for the feed back thus far![​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Personally, I've had no problems with Verizon customer service. When I had a problem it was solved. No service is going to be perfect. The bottom line is does the service provide the coverage and reception quality I want. IMHO, everything else is secondary. You're picking a wireless supplier not a friend.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Never had any problems w/ T-Mobile in NYC.