Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon vs. Cingular + hi end phone choice in southern CT

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by fearless613, Mar 23, 2005.

1. fearless613

fearless613 New Member

I have been a verizon customer for 4 years, but now have a serious case of Treo 650-itis. Needless to say, verizon doesn't offer it. I need a combo phone/pda with qwerty keyboard and bluetooth. verizon's top offering is a UTStarcom/Audiovox XV6600. I've been using Palm OS but could switch over to Pocket PC (though not Blackberry). Talktime, standby time and data bandwidth are also important. Camera and MP3 capability would be nice but are not critical.

So I'm looking for your advice on:
    1. voice and data coverage verizon vs. cingular in southern CT around New Haven, with frequent trips to Boston, DC and NYC.
    2. Treo 650 vs. XV6600 vs. something else

Thanks for your help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Inconnu

Inconnu New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Samsung's i730

Not Out Yet... But this might be what your looking for!

As for coverage in CT? I live in orange (Mid-Southern CT) and have very few problems with Verizons service. (The phones they sell, that’s another story... the way they scr.ew customers to make a penny... well... that’s still yet another story!) My sister was on cingular for a while (before the AT&T merge mind you) and had horrible service in this area. I cant speak for how things are now after the merger, but if service is your number one concern Verizon is the way to go.

I was thinking about making the change to a PDA phone as well... but they are all to big for my taste. The phone I listed above seems to have it all in a smaller package, but we’ll see in a few months when its released. I would recommend you stay with a windows based os –vs- the palm as I find they can do far more then the palm counterparts. Just my opinion, but I have owned a bunch of pda’s and while I used to swear by palm os only, the times have changed.

3. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Cingular has very good coverage in New Havan, Boston, NYC and DC. Try it for 30days and return the phone and cancel the contract if you don't agree (Cingular's policy).

I can't say anything about the Treo's