Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Verizon vs. AT&T - Tampa Bay area - who's better?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Jennycub, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Jennycub

Jennycub New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have AT&T and my coverage in my home office is HORRIBLE. I'm lucky to get one bar and it goes into SOS mode on a daily basis. My company has accounts with both AT&T and Verizon and I'm hoping to get a little feedback on which one is better. I don't want to switch to Verizon and find out it sucks just as bad as AT&T.

Any input is appreciated - thanks, everyone!

2. rjniles

rjniles Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T

Buy a cheap pre-paid Verizon phone and use it for a while to determine how you like the service. They are cheap enough to toss if you don't like the service. Better than getting tied to a 2 year contract

3. hillbilly44

hillbilly44 Senior Member

Jennycub;

Have you opened a trouble ticket with customer service? You might want to do that and ask that they forward to Engineering. Also have you tried a 3G mobile? You might get better service on 3G vs 2G. Good Luck ;)

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Also, try testing your SIM in a 3G enabled device. Sometimes coverage and call quality can be a mess on a EDGE/GPRS only device. I have used various GPRS/EDGE only phones (like the SE z310a and the Samsung A137) and the quality is not so great. I placed my SIM into an unlocked 3G Nokia E63 and things are improved... If the 3G phone does just as bad, it will be time to exit.

The other providers have at least a 15 day return period... so if you find that the company doesn't work, you can always cancel without penalty and fees.

Since Alltel is still kicking, try them... they have 3G as well. Although they are being merged into Verizon, there isnt really any reason why you cant sign up with them now. You will still have a good network with more perks and/or lower cost:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jennycub

Jennycub New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thanks everyone. I actually use a Blackberry Curve 8310 (company issued, so can't be switching phones to test them out). I did open a ticket with Engineering and they told me to remove my battery on a daily basis to try to find new coverage. Seriously?? I do it periodically, but it doesn't help even a little.

I think I will try the pre-paid option to see how the coverage is. Thanks again!

6. Jennycub

Jennycub New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    So, I got my company to switch me to Verizon and I got the new phone (Blackberry Curve 8330, so an upgrade from my 8310) and the signal is WORSE in my house than AT&T. I didn't even think that was possible. So, I'm going back to AT&T. Now, anyone know of a good signal booster that won't cost me my first born child??