Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon/Voicestream in NY/NJ area?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by JimMaloney, Mar 8, 2002.

1. JimMaloney

JimMaloney New Member

Hi everyone. I'm looking to get a cell phone, and I was just wondering about the service for these two companies in the NY/NJ area. Is it good? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? Thanks!

-Jim

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Yeah....they are both good...I have had both and currrently have Voicestream. If you are planning to go in the "middle of nowhere" Say drive in the Mountains of PA, you will have a better change of getting a signal with Verizon then Voicestream....but if you stay in fairly dense areas they are neck and neck.

I am in North Jersey.

3. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

I have absolutely no Problem with Verizon.......good clear sound......no break up....once in a while a click but for the most part I am extremely satisfied with the service. Customer service is extremely helpful and accomodating; they have even called back at my job to see how I was doing with my phone. Nice touch. The shipment was out to me in two days as promised. I ordered a Kyocera and it has Web ( free) free voicemail , free text messaging and I chose the 2 year plan. My husband has AT&T and it is terrible. It breaks up and disconnects him all the time. Horrible. AT& claims it does not service this area, yet the have authorized dealers on the internet selling contracts and phones to people in this area, unknowingly buying something they cannot use.

Barbara Behan
    Blue Anchor/Hammonton NJ