Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon V3m and mp3

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by FunkD, Jul 5, 2006.

1. FunkD

FunkD New Member

I have been reading on this forum (quite good i might add) this is my first post, so hi!. but yesterday after getting my Phone to SYNC with my PC (with everyones help) i uploaded a .MP3 to the phone (didnt re-encode to .wma) and under manage music, it created directories and everything and played fine. but now i cannot do it anymoe, now whenever i access the "manage music" option it says
    "removing songs from library", could this be a license issue? or what? because it worked ONCE with an MP3, i do not mind converting to .wma but the phone does'nt automatically put them in the correct albums like it did with the .mp3. is there any certian type of .wma i need to use? also could anyone direct me to a good converter program (i cant stand to use WMP10 cause it hate M$) and i never got it to convert properly with wmp10. but i can copy songs over to the card no prolem using explorer. im also interested in flashing with a better firmware, but as far as ive read i could flash to alltel but it will not recognise the TF card, so i'll hold on for a bit until verizon unlocks the thing, or someone with more knowledge for me figures it out. alot of questions, i know! and thanks for anyone sho can answer a few of these ?'s
    :)
    FunkD

2. FunkD

FunkD New Member

yeah, i can convert them just fine, thanks, i was just wondering why it dosent sort the .wma's into album, artist, etc. like it did whenever it ran the .mp3 the one time.
    also would anyone know how to set an .wma or .mp3 into a ringtone??
    i
    thanks
    FD

3. XxZecKxX

XxZecKxX New Member

1) When you look at the wma files in explorer, make sure all of the fileds (like artist, albowm, etc) are filled. WMP during conversion sometimes looses these onfo. I personally use mp3 to wma convertor from bonus pack. First I prepare my mp3 files (in reality it was done long time ago) and when I convert by converter (again, from bonus pack) it keeps all of the info and I do not have any problem.
    2) Here is one of the many ways to use your own ringtones. My own opinion is to do not do any seem editing and I came up with this procedure. I already post it on HOFO and I saw somebody post it here in V3m post.
    So, you will need phone, TF card, cable, BitPim (BitPim.org). This procedure work for me and for many people.
    Make sure you mp3 files prepared to be a ringtones (I use 128kbps, 30sec).
    Rename them to mid (example MyRing.mp3 -> MyRing.mid). If you have a lot of ringtones it is easy to create simple batch file and execute it).
    Copy them to the root directory of your TF card (you can do it by computer or BitPim).
    Now, you should move your files to the phone memory, so go to:
    Get It Now -> Get Tunes & Tones (All of the available files appear on the bottom in a second).
    All preloaded ringtones have 2 Options:
    1. Set as ringtone.
    2. Set As Ringer ID.
    There are no options to move or delete.
    All added files will be marked by C (CARD).
    For them you have only 2 following options:
    1. Rename.
    2. Move.
    Select needed file -> Options -> Move. It will ask you to move audio to the phone. Select YES.
    You can move as many files as you want.
    When you are done, using BitPim go to the root directory of the phone and deletes 2 files: TmpTneDB.db and MyToneDB.db.
    Reboot the phone (by BitPim if you want to). Now all of your ringtones are ready.
    If you have a problem working with BitPim, look at the V3m post (it is always on top), one of the guys explained how to connect to BitPim.
    All audio file phone keeps in Motorola/Shared/Audio folder. Only the phone has access to that folder. By BitPim you can only read/save the files. When you try to add or overwrite existing files, BitPim shows the message similar to “This folder is locked by manufacture”.
    Do not move move ringtones back to TF card. You won’t assign them as a ringtone anymore unless you repeat all of these steps again.
    You can put renamed mp3 files to midfiles to the root directory of the TF card and play them one by one, but you can not use player and play them all which make it useless.
    Good luck.

4. FunkD

FunkD New Member

Thanka alot, everything i needed to know and it worked out fine! now im going to learn about seem edits so i can change the outside windowscreen to reflect the wallpaper, would you know of a way to xfer wallpapers to the phone? ive been reading alot but nothing has jumped out at me as of yet, as there seems to be 50 different ways to do everything.
    Thanks again
    FD

5. FunkD

FunkD New Member

Ran into a snag. For some reason the .mp3 ID3 tag dosent show up in explorer, I downloaded and used a multi-tagger, and it has the ID3 tag information (album, artist, etc) but whenever i position the mouse over the filename in windows explorer, it just has the filesize and filename, and under "properties" it has no info at all under the summary tab. Is there something i have to install or do to get the ID3 info to be displayed? because it still goes to an unknown alum, unknown artist, whenver I xfer it the the Phone.

Thanks for helping this noob out!
    FunkD
    :wink:

6. XxZecKxX

XxZecKxX New Member

DO NOT EVEN THINK TO CHANGE SKIN. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH V3M.
    If you have any link to the guy who did it, give me that link I will check it out.

7. FunkD

FunkD New Member

well, i did some seem edits (only like three) from here; http://mark.cdmaforums.com/
    worked fine, but i havent changed the SKIN yet, i would like to xfer to my TF them using Mobile Phone Tools
    but what do you mean by skin?
    im just trying to up some kick-___ wallpapers since it shows wallpaper on the mini-screen since i did the seem edit,
    any ideas?
    you set me in the right track, there is alot of info to read upon throughout these forums
    :lmao:
    FD

but i still cannot view the id3 CDDB info on .mp3 to catagorize it.
    thats what i need to read up on more. it used to have all the cddb info about 2 months ago, i may do a system restore.
    :D

8. XxZecKxX

XxZecKxX New Member

9. FunkD

FunkD New Member

Whoa., im just wanting to add a wallpaper to the background, not flash the firmware, and also figure out why i cant get my music in order!
    thanks
    FD
    also i cant get bitpim to work, i have installed like 10 defferent drivers, but i guess its because its coming though a 3 port HUB off my laptop, but my pc has USB1.0 would there be any difference?

10. XxZecKxX

XxZecKxX New Member

Looks like you did not read that thread carefully.
    1) What I know, it is not recomended to connect cell phone to the PC via hubs.
    2) Check if PC sees your phone as Motorola USB mode.
    3) BitPim will automaticall detect your phone. You will have to manually select V3C instead. Please read RAZR V3m thread here and you will find what driver to use and on p5,6...you will find out how to use BitPim.

11. FunkD

FunkD New Member

well. it installs as Motorola USB Modem. but i can install it on my desktop PC,
    thanks for the help man. but the usb ports on my other box is 1.0 instead of 2.0
    but i guess it will work
    thanks
    FD

12. XxZecKxX

XxZecKxX New Member

Yeas, for this type of device it is does not matter (1.0 or 2.0).

13. XxZecKxX

XxZecKxX New Member