Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon SMS delayed outside of region?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I recently traveled to the midwest with my Audiovox 9100 and verizon. I had digital coverage about 50% and was able to use mobile web. However, my SMS did not follow me when I was in digital in MN. But it did kick in on a lay over in Detroit. The voice mail indicator worked perfectly everywhere. Anyone have a way to allow SMS to follow when you roam either with verizon or something I can do.

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Your SMS should work if you are roaming on a Verizon tower. But if it is not a verizon tower then it may not be set up to send SMS. Don't think there is anything you can do.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The strange thing: My buddie has the same phone and was getting his SMS when I couldn't. I had a nation wide plan but not nation wide SMS.