Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Service in Southern & Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by ilovesprint, May 31, 2008.

1. ilovesprint

ilovesprint New Member

Hi,

My company wants me to go on the corp plan on verizon... I travel central & southern illinois

How is verizons coverage?

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    I think you will be just fine Verizon has 850 in alot of illinois.

3. hwertz

hwertz New Member

Yep, should be good. If you're doing aircards, VZW has EVDO over a majority of the state (although, there are still some 1X areas showing on the coverage map, plus some small amounts of roaming coverage, which also means 1X speeds.) VZW's been expanding EVDO quite a bit in the midwest of late (and not updating the map...) so probably some of the 1X on VZW's coverage map is EVDO by now. I was using my card while riding in a car at interstate speeds and still had good speeds. Voice? No sweat.

4. BG1811

BG1811 Junior Member

My son works all over Southern Illinois and has great Verizon coverage. I travel some in Southern Illinois and have always had good Verizon coverage.