Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Samsung SCH-A670 on Alltels Network - Will it work?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by frizbee9, Oct 17, 2007.

1. frizbee9

frizbee9 New Member

I have a Verizion Samsung SCH-A670 phone that I want to begin using on the Alltel network because the Alltel phone I have continues to break down and cost me money. I really am only looking to have voice and text messaging capabilities. Can you help me out with how I could get started on this? Thank you!

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Will it work? MAYBE. Will Alltel activate it? NO, not if they realize it's not an Alltel branded phone.

Further, since the firmware is wrong, and the PRL is wrong, you will likely get TONS of roaming charges that Alltel will NOT adjust for you.

My advice: don't try it.

3. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I'm not 100% sure about the process with that model phone, but there may be a way to flash it to the alltel firmware (on your own) and then call in and activate the phone, claiming it's a similar model alltel phone. Then update the PRL.

Just saying these might be some things to look into and may give you a direction to search. But I do agree with bikebryan that if there's anything else that can be done, try that first. If you need a new phone and are not eligible for a discount with a contract renewal, there are several models that aren't that expensive you can get for new, or maybe even refurbished at the local store until you are up for contract renewal. Even getting an alltel pre-paid phone and switching it over may be a solution. Maybe you could even detail a little bit about why your current alltel phone keeps breaking down and costing you $$ and maybe somebody could give you some advice on that.

4. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Yep, you need to get into the programming menu, change the SID and number. Then set your phone to home only, this will keep you from getting charges in your home area. This will also get your voice and sms working.....but.....you want to find a way to get the alltel PRL onto the phone if *228 doesn't work. Other wise, when you travel their is a good chance for roaming charges....

You would also have to change the esn over the phone with alltel and tell them it is one of their older cheap samsungs. But you will have to know how to get into the programming menu first before you call them because they may not have the instructions on hand to do it and it may take trial and error to get yours to work...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...