Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon removes $5 messaging plan.

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by lildrummerboy, Apr 19, 2007.

1. lildrummerboy

lildrummerboy Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samung 740
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    This is how the phone scoop bulletin appeared.

Today Verizon Wireless announced a new calling plan that includes unlimited text, picture, video and instant messaging. The plan, called America's Choice Select, starts at $59.95 with 450 daytime minutes. This represents a $20 premium over Verizon's basic calling plans. Users who select the new plan will be able to send unlimited messages to any network in the U.S. Verizon Wireless subscribers who do not select a messaging plan will continue to pay 15 cents for text messages and 25 cents for video and picture messages. Update: Verizon has eliminated the $5 messaging bundle from its offering. The cheapest bucket of messages available now starts at $10 per month. The trend of introducing unlimited messaging plans shows that messaging is becoming commoditized in the U.S. market.

This is complete news to me that we eliminated the $5 messaging bundle considering that I just sold 3 of them today. Actually, the company has absolutely no plans to remove the $5 messaging bundle. I'm still waiting for the retraction from phone scoop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Caliban

Caliban New Member

You're likely right. Verizon's feature-management webpage kind of buries the $5 / 250-message feature ... took me a couple passes through the list of features before I found it.

Funny thing is, even after I tried to add that feature, the website decided to not process the request. "We could not add this feature at this time. Please call 1-800-whatever."

Go figure, I can't add that feature via the automated voice prompts either. It apparently requires a warm body to push a button, and there aren't any warm bodies available for customer service prior to 6am customer local time! I work nights, y'all - a bit difficult to get hold of someone during their customer service window.

3. fredthecat

fredthecat New Member

How do I find this plan on the Verizon site to add it to my current plan? I've looked before but had a hard time finding it... And what exactly does it include, just 250 texts? Do you get unlimited IN texting as well?

4. mary1124

mary1124 Junior Member

I believe the plan only includes 250 messages, including Verizon customers. There is NO unlimited "IN". I am sure you can call customer service & they can add it for you. I tried to look for it in "my account" and didn't have any luck finding it.

5. fredthecat

fredthecat New Member

Is there a $10 plan that offers unlimited IN texting? What does $10 get me? Thanks for the help...

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    $10 gets you unlimited VZW to VZW text/PIX/Video and 500 additional messages for non-VZW phones/alerts/IM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I thought the 10 was 250 extra

8. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The $10 package includes 500 out of network messages and unlimited IN... this is offered on the website; I have this package also.

The former $5 package had 250 messages TOTAL.

9. ctk74

ctk74 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Does this 250 total messages includ PIX? If not, the cheapest pix plan is $10.:mad:

10. Daytripper

Daytripper New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9900 enV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    If you have a camera phone the $5 plan includes pix. I just added it to my account last week.

11. ctk74

ctk74 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks. I just did this to and the plan acutally reads something like
    $5 250 msg Camera phone.

12. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That's the package I had before going for the $10... The $5 plan can be added online in My Account... CS should be able to add it on also.