Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Verizon Reception

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by billbland, Dec 25, 2008.

1. billbland

billbland New Member

I have recently switched from Alltel to Verizon. I had good signal strength with Alltel but since I have gone with Verizon the reception is very problematic. Where I live the Alltel signal is 3 to 4 bars and Verizon is 1 or none. I have talked with Verizon repeatedly about this issue. I went with Verizon because of my son wanting a Blackberry Storm and rationalizing the switch thinking that Alltel and Verizon would soon be one. I have went into the program and changed the NAM to the local Alltel NAM but this does not seem to help. It would seem logical that I could get the same signal strength from a Verizon cell phone that I get with an old Alltel phone if I could set it up to receive the same signal that Alltel is sending out from the closest tower. Does anyone have any knowledge if and how this can be done.