Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon PTT

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ceric20, Jun 30, 2003.

1. ceric20

ceric20 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Cingular)
    Ok tommrow is the First of July has anyone got a Date yet when Verizon will roll out PTT. I talked to CS this morning and they said in a week or two. Has anyone else heard anything?

2. mobilephonie

mobilephonie Junior Member

I haven't heard anything, but I'm gonna gripe for a second.

WHY THE HELL do people from Verizon keep saying, "It's all ready, it's all done. The latency issuse has been taken care of." OKAYYYYY, so where's the freakin' product. I'm sick of being pulled around like a toy for 8 months now. Don't give any dates, don't give any info if you aren't going to hold to that info. Meanwhile, reps are always yappin, "We don't give release dates in case there is a problem." So why the hell do I keep hearing and getting release dates. If I ask, just say you don't know. BTW in case anyone thinks im a hippocrite, the rep came over to me, out of the blue, and told me "we're getting that in Feb '03." SURE ya are buddy.

ANywayz....yes, there are 9 hours until July 1. I haven't seen a commerical or read a posting. I thought today would be special since it's technically the first week starting July. I gues we'll have to wait til the people that weren't fired get home from work. Sorry I have no info Ceric.

3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    Well in defense of Verizon, the only official statements have said they will have PTT ready to go by the end of 2003. I don't think anyone will have to wait until December, but there has been nothing official to indicate it wil be ready to go July 1.

4. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    It is working, the latency issues have been taken care of, but hey, if Verizon is having doubts, why rush the service and have it launch wrong? By the way, Ive used the service so I know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    mcf04581 - How do like the a530? I heard some bad things.

6. mobilephonie

mobilephonie Junior Member

FYI--I just called Moto to ask them why the v60p was taken off Moto's site. He said, "Verizon stopped the service. They are not ready yet. They have no idea when they will start again."

Hmmmm.....ya know what....sounds 'bout right to me. I think Verizon is full of crap, they are not ready, they found a flaw and they can't figure it out. I love how we were strung along for months and now we have to wait another 6 months. GREAAAAT!

BTW has anyone ever used voice on AIM or Yahoo? Ya know how that works? THis should be pretty much the same. It won't come close to Nextel for at least a year. I'm really getting sick of Verizon.

7. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    from what i hear the network parts of ptt are in fact ready. however, my guess owuld be that the phones are not. we all know how long it takes verizon to release phones, so my guess would be that the issue is that.....

i doubt the it will be as good in terms of latency as nextel is though...but who knows..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    "mcf04581 - How do like the a530? I heard some bad things"
    I love the phone, absolutly no problems what so ever. I have the V60i before it and have not one regret for switching phones.

For everyone else on the PTT. Wouldnt you rather have good service done right instead of service done half fast? They dont want the same problem that Sprint had with Vision. If your going to do something do it right, and like I said earlier, Ive used the PTT, its getting done right.

9. Adman

Adman Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    MCF ... I couldn't agree with you more -- I'd rather have good service done right insteead of service done half right. BUT ... I'd also rather have good CUSTOMER service. Every single one of us has spoken to Verizon and Motorola, and we all get different answers. I'm cool with delays ... but then Verizon and Motorola reps. should be trained better to answer our questions. I've spoken to 10 people and gotten 11 different answers. That's a frustration I'm guessing most of us share!

10. speechy

speechy New Member

Sorry to bother you all but what is PTT?
    Thanks

11. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    PTT=push to talk.

It is a NEXTEL-like feature that allows your phone to act like a "walkie-talkie." If you want more information there should be a lot of discussion in the Wireless Issues, Wireless News and Wireless Technology forums. [​IMG] Or you can do a search for "PTT" but you may find much more than you ever hoped for, lol.

12. speechy

speechy New Member

Thanks for the explanation of PTT
    Much appreciated...Happy 4th of July
    BTW my husband just signed up with Verizon and got the VX4400 and so far he loves it...of course he probably won't use much of what the phone's capability offers but he found the set up of the phone to be very user friendly and the reception has been excellent