Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Prepay Changes?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by lady51, Feb 12, 2005.

1. lady51

lady51 New Member

The word on some of the other wireless groups is that Verizon will have some changes coming up Feb. 21, including a new pre-paid plan which is supposed to offer free nights but seems very expensive (supposed $0.99 a day). I just got Pay-As-You-Go last month and am very pleased with it as I am a very light user. This new plan might be good for others but wouldn't do for me. Could someone confirm the details of this new plan and say whether it will replace the current prepay, or if it will just be another choice? Will customers on the current prepay be forced to switch? I know Feb. 21 is not far off but I would rather not have any nasty surprises.

2. dmarkson

dmarkson New England Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    9530, v3xx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T, TMO, USC, BOOST, VIRG, PP
    I can't confirm it, since I don't work for VZW. And if I did, I couldn't say either :)

From what I have read, this will be a second option for prepay. It's bee in trial in a few sections of the country already. They are not going to remove the current prepaid plan. Verizon is going after the GoPhone-type users, who tend to be heavy users with no credit history/bad credit, those who only need a phone for a limited time, or those who can't stand a contract.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon's prepay was awesome back in 2001/02. FREEUP gave free weekend minutes with every "re-up" and I got 1000 weekend minutes when I signed up. Not bad considering it was 2001! I haven't seen a deal that good for prepay since though Virgin can be a good deal for some.

4. BUmmedic

BUmmedic Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The details going around the horn are:

$0.99/day
    Free IN calling
    Free nights (not weekends)
    $0.10/min for peak calling (6:00am - 8:59pm)

Just as always (and the same for contract customer), those customer already on a prepay plan will not have to change to the new plans. For example, I'm on an America's Choice FamilyShare 400 plan for $39.99/month + $20.00/month additional line for a total of roughly $59.99/month. The new share plan released last month is the ACFS 450 for $49.99/month + $9.99/month additional line for a total of roughly $59.98/month. Extending my contract wasn't worth it for only 50 additional peak minutes (the price difference for an additional line is offset by a higher base plan price, so that wasn't a factor). I already have unlimited IN and N&W, so what's the use?

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    new vzw prepay will include push to talk according to the training i just took part in.

6. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    <ATHF Carl>Oooooooooooh good./<ATHF Carl>

Because the Nextel direct connect beeps don't drive me crazy enough. Just one more reason to avoid the malls...