Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

verizon prepaid rip off

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] Verizon is making way too much money! When I went to the dealer to purchase prepaid minutes--they didn't even know that verizon charges your minutes for incoming calls whether or not you answer the voice mail. VERIZON ALSO CHARGES YOU FOR YOUR MINUTES EVEN IF YOUR VOICE MAIL IS NOT ACTIVATED! I used the prepay with my old phone to see if I would get coverage in my home, and I still do not even though they had claimed a couple of years ago that more towers were going up in the area that I live in which is Belchertown, MA.

I do not want to give Verizon another penny................

2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Yes...........they do charge for Voice Mail.......that is something I do not like either. But some of the Advantages is that you get bounus weekend minutes, 10 cent night and weekend. Your min. are good for 60 days............and it is a national prepaid. With all cellular carriers they charge for incomming and outgoing calls on ppd. You should not ditch Verizon just because you had a bad sales rep. [​IMG]

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Wayne What I dont think the anonumous poster liked was that even if you do not answer the phone and it goes to Voice Mail they STILL charge you minites if you were answering the call. Correct me if im wrong

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Jack, you are correct. Charging you for minutes even if you do not answer any incoming or even if the voice mail is not set up..verizon is ripping you off!
    Cindy

5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

But you do have the option to take it off............and yes I do not agree on how they do the VM.

6. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Hopefully verizon will change that because it is stupid to get charged if you did not set up voicemail and someone calls

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

try cingular prepaid--same minute price as verizon but not charged for voice mail plus extra minutes bought are good for 90 days extra 30 over verizon--and off peak rates are from 9pm to 7am not midnight to 6am

8. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Off peak for Verizon is at 9pm through 6am

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I am sorry you feel you got ripped off. But, just set up your voicemail, why wouldn't you want it? Right now, Verizon is offering the best prepay service out there. I don't see Cingular or Tracfone offering free minutes. With VZ I don't even feel like a prepay customer, they treat me so great, any problems....and they fix it, and usually give me more minutes for telling them. VZ is great in DE.