Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Phone with Alltel plan

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by KJSyx, Jun 24, 2009.

1. KJSyx

KJSyx New Member

I am up for an upgrade, and would like to get the LG eNV Touch from Verizon.
    I would like to renew my Alltel account though as it is better/cheaper than any Verizon plan.

Can I do this?

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Maybe you could ask your rep and just buy the phone outright. You still get the one year warranty.

3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

I"d hold off. If you can wait maybe four or five months you should transition to the VZW billing system, be a full fledged VZW customer, and get the phone with no hassle. Right now no Alltel employee would knowingly activate for you (as it is a VZW, not Alltel phone) and honestly, a lot of that phone won't work on Alltel as it is not designed for the Alltel data network.

I'd wait...unless you can't. If that was the case, pick up a used Alltel phone from somewhere like ebay for the interim. I think that's your best bet.

Maybe a little off topic, but it's kind of silly to get a VZW phone but keep an Alltel plan. Alltel plans won't allow the VZW phone to operate at it's full capability in terms of data.

4. KJSyx

KJSyx New Member

Thanks, I went to the Verizon store and they informed me that I can switch over to verizon if any of my lines are within 120 days of my anniversary. Guess I'm gonna go ahead and do it.

5. mogal37

mogal37 New Member

I just changed from Allltel to Verizon. I made the change because rep told me eventually all Alltel users will have to make the change Verizon. At that point will be no option-might as well do it now or forced to later.

6. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

That rep suckered you. There are no plans to force anybody to switch equipment and/or plans. There are still people out there in Alltel land using Western Wireless handsets if that tells you anything.

7. Hacken

Hacken New Member

LOL.. yeah just like three years ago when a Verizon rep told me that they have Verizon services in the upper northern region of Wisconsin when the coverage map clearly shows no signals.. lol do they actually think i'm that dumb not to see and read?

8. Steve Winter

Steve Winter New Member

Beware, Verizon Wireless is crippling even Droid connectivity if you are on an Alltel plan. See my post about the FCC and NCDOJ complaint.

Steve