Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

verizon phone upgrade

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by MIkeP, Nov 4, 2003.

1. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

Currently, I am in the 12th month of my two year contract. I have three phones on the family plan with Verizon. I pay about $105 in monthly service charges and I have been a loyal, longstanding costumer. What are the chances that I can get a phone upgrade with Verizon?? Does anyone think I could upgrade my phone and take advantage of the current phone deals that are being offered, like the two Nokia's for $49.99?

2. jayc

jayc Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    In the south area you can upgrade early if you are on a $49+ plan after 12 months.

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon
    In Cali they make me wait 22 months I believe on a 2 year contract.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. silverado

silverado Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9900
    i think in new york you can upgrade after 10 months as long as you extend your contract for two years - and a verizon salesperson was high pressured when I was talking to him about it making it apparent that if you do extend they get a nice commission - you should be entitled to rebates too as well as new subscriber prices

5. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

Sounds good! I have definitely heard different things with regards to phone upgrades. A Radio Shack sales rep told me that I can upgrade after 22 months. But, I do agree with Silverado, I think if I go to a Verizon store, I can get a phone upgrade, at the sale price, as long as I extend my contract.

Are there any Verizon sales reps out there to confirm any of this info??

6. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Is that on a one year or a 2 year contract?

7. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    Here in MI you must be at least 22 months into an agreement before you can get promotional pricing on new equipment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    pretty sure in jersey if your on a one year you can upgrade at 10 months and if your on a 2 year its 22 months.

9. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thats what they told me at the store when i asked today.

10. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

FYI: Here is some info I found on Verizon's "Get It Now" website, see below.....

Are you eligible to upgrade?

Anyone in good payment standing is eligible to upgrade their phone. However, customers meeting the following eligibility requirements will receive special pricing.

1. Your service plan is $35 or higher
    2. You are out of a contract, or within 1 month of your contract end date
    3. You have not upgraded your phone within the last 6 months

NEW EVERY TWO
    You’ll also receive $100 towards the purchase of a new full-color Get It Now phone if you are out of your 2-year contract and ready to renew.

If you do not meet any of the above upgrade eligibility requirements, don't worry—you can still upgrade with a slightly higher phone price.

11. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Dude, if you have a v60i, almost any phone you change to will be a down grade period. The Voice quality and reception on that phone has made me realize that those are the first and mopst impostant things about any cell phone period. All else is bonuses.

12. jayc

jayc Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    We don't get any sort of commission unless you are within 2 months of contract end date.

13. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Oh, by the way, the new 57th street cell site is working just fine. Went from 107 db and no bars or calls at my friends dsk....to 77db and full bars. Yay. And considering i am interviewing at that company and EVERYONE there has verizon i think i will seee if thewy noticed.

14. blcklab666

blcklab666 Junior Member

I am 19 months into a 2 year contract. Does this mean that if I chose to upgrade now, I might not get the $49.99 rate for a Nokia 3589i (example only) but I won't pay the full retail price either?

How much more should I expect to pay? I have been a customer for 10 years in SoCal with 2 lines for 6, never missed a payment or anything. And I only upgraded phones because I needed a tri-mode when the AC plan came out. So we HAD to upgrade from our Audiovox's.

15. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

I think, due to the fact that you are in the 19th month of your contract and that you are longstanding, reliable costumer Verizon should let you upgrade you phone at the promotional discounted price. I had a Verizon rep tell me that I should call Costumer Service to see if I am entitled to a phone upgrade. The Verizon rep at the store (actually a Verizon stand at the mall) told me that she was not able to do anything, but Costumer Service might be able to do something because they have the ability to review my account and make a determination according to my account history.

16. blcklab666

blcklab666 Junior Member

Thanks. I'm not in a big hurry. In fact, I really like my Kyocera 2235, but I may really wantg a Slider when it comes out.

17. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

FYI: I went to a Verizon Store and after inquiring with an agent there, I was informed that I could upgrade my phone and get a new phone at the promotional price... as long as I am past the 12th month of my 2yr contract and re-sign a new 2yr contract.