Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon phone on Sprint PLEASE REPLY

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by herides101, Aug 23, 2008.

1. herides101

herides101 New Member

I am wondering what the problem is with using a Verizon phone on the Sprint network? I already flashed my MOTOKRZR K1m from Verizon to Sprint. But what is the difference?? Don't they have the same hardware on the phones???:confused::confused::confused:

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well the data is a different platform (BREW vs. Java) and Sprint and Verizon use different PRL's.

3. herides101

herides101 New Member

Well the PRL for Sprint is already activated on my phone. It asked me to activate Sprint and stuff I dial *2 (Customer Service) and I played some games on the phone.

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    The biggest problem is that Sprint simply will not activate a phone with an ESN that is not in their database. And no non-Sprint phone is in that database.

I think it is stupid, but it is their policy. If someone wants to use a phone that isn't fully functional on Sprint (BREW vs. Java) I say that is a choice for the user to make, not Sprint.

5. Analog man

Analog man Member

My Phone:
    Motorola timeport p8767
    Wireless Provider(s):
    pageplus
    i had verizon, loved them, but my family was mostly sprint, so i swicthed to the other side for unlimited sprint to sprint talk. well, i had a 5 year old phone that was before brew or java. they still wouldn't add it, and i just want to use it for voice only. instead i got stuck with a sanyo scp-3200. i dont get why they cant add an esn to the network. its not that hard, metro and verizon does it. the main reason they wont let you use other phones that are capable of working on the network is they want to sell u a phone with all the bells and whistles, and a plan with all the goodies. im sick of sprint, time to do some bribing.....