Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon now has roaming with Sprint

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by larry, Jan 24, 2002.

1. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Verizon released a new PRL recently that now has Sprint as one of their preferred roaming partners in many markets. Previously Sprint customers could roam on Verizon's network but not the other way around. A possible reason for this being that Verizon plans on releasing a digital only phone with no analog capabilities.

2. knupla2

knupla2 New Member

<< A possible reason for this being that Verizon plans on releasing a digital only phone with no analog capabilities. >>

If Verizon releases a digital only phone, the loss of coverage when traveling here in the southwest would make it useless in 80 percent of the area. We simply don't have the population in our states to warrant service providers spending the money it would take to replace or upgrade all the AMPS towers we have anytime soon.

I'd say that it's a given we will be on all digital services eventually, but I think it's well down the road.

Steve Aikens

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If you combine the CDMA digital networks of Verizon, Alltel and Sprint together here in the Southwest I would say you would have a lot more digital coverage than 20 percent. What area isn't covered with digital in the SW by one of those carriers? Well anyway the digital only thing was just a rumor I read on some discussion group.

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I dont know about the digital only verizon phones. One of the things that alot of verizon sales people use in their pitch is that their phones are a tri-mode phone and can work all over.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

Analog is everywhere-- and in conjunction I will have to say that Verizon Wireless has the biggest CDMA/NAMPS network in the nation and hope to see digital in the near future.

6. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Regarding: "hope to see digital in the near future" What?? CDMA is digital.

7. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

LOL ty for the correction what i meant by that was, *hoping to have an all Code Divison Muliple Access=CDMA all the way around and phase out analog.