Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

verizon new every 2 deal

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Sloppy, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Sloppy

Sloppy New Member

Hey everyone,

I am a Verizon customer for about 20 months now. I am desperatly in need of a new phone so I want to take advantage of the upgrade at the first chance I get. I am wondering how the new every 2 or $100 off a new phone works that I am eligible for in a few months. Is it $100 off the price of the phone of the 2 year agreement for new customers, or $100 off the more expensive price if you were randomly buying a new phone. For instance, they put a phone on special for $100 for a new customer but it says in smaller print, the actual price of the is $250. If this is the case, would I be getting the new phone for free or for $150.00?

Also, if my current phone didnt make it the 22 months you need in order to quailify for the new every 2 or $100 off deal because it completely broke.(I was able to salvage my current phone with a good amount of tape) What is the procedure with getting a new phone at say the 18 month mark? I suppose you pay the more expensive price right? say $250 as used in my other question, or am I able to sign a new 2 year contract from that point and get the phone for $100 for the new 2 year contract price.

Can anybody explain this whole process to me, as I hope to make it to the 22 month mark, but I can't guarantee it. Thanks for your anticipated help.

Joe

2. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    To use the NE2, you'll need to sign another 2-year contract at the end of your current contract. This means you can't upgrade at the 22-month mark, but have to wait for 24. The price listed for a new 2-year contract is what you will get. It should be the same for new and upgrade. If there are any current rebates on the phone, you will get those. Then, you will get up to $100 off that after-rebate price.

Using your example of a $250 phone that's $100 for a 2-year contract, you could get the phone for free. If there's currently a $50 rebate on the phone, you'll have to pay the $50 and submit the rebate to get it free.

If you need a new phone before you are eligible for upgrade (2 months before the end of your contract), you will have to pay full retail or get a used one off eBay or from some other source.

3. InjunJim

InjunJim Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think we need a little more info in order to answer the original question. You've been a customer for 20 months now.

Is that:
    1) 20 months on a 2-yr contract, or
    2) 12 months on a 1-yr and 8 months on another 1-yr?

If it's #1, then yes, you will be eligible for a NE2 upgrade at the 22-month mark ... IF you sign another 2-yr contract. If it's #2, then no, you won't be eligible for NE2 credit right now no matter which contract you sign.

I'm not sure where wgray is getting the 24-month thing from. That's not how NE2 works. See this FAQ at the VZW site:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/dispatcher?action=DISPLAY&item=_FAQ_TOPIC&topicID=191

The key to the whole NE2 deal is the 2nd & 3rd sentences of the answer in the FAQ.

4. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Right. VZW doesn't hold one to the full 12 or 24 months of the contract. For a 1 year it's 10 months into the contract is when you can upgrade. The 2 year it's either 20 or 22 months (not sure on this one).

5. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Unless you are on a plan that is $59.99 or higher you might be able to do an early ungrade since you are only 2 months away.

Once verizon decides you are eligible for an upgrade at an offical store. You get the price a new custmer gets for a 1 year (10 months to next upgrade) or 2 year deal (22 months to upgrade).

The at 24 months if you go to an authorized agent they can give you sometime even better deals yet. (The only problem is with an agent you will have to agree to a very high Early Termination Fee.)

6. wgray8231

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The FAQ says 2 years. That's equal to 24 months. Yes, you are eligible for upgrade with 2 months left on your contract, but NE2 requires you complete a 2 year contract.

7. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That is to make it simple for the average Joe. Anytime you get a discount on a new phone you are using New for every two. Even if you get a new phone every 10 months you are still using New For Every 2.

NE2= phone discount

8. wgray8231

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Signing a new contract gets you a new phone at a discounted price anyway; different discount depending on the length of the contract. NE2 gets you up to $100 extra towards that new phone, after the discouted price for signing a new contract and any rebates.

I'm not sure where agentHibby is getting the 22/10 month thing from. That's not how NE2 works. See this info at the VZW site:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/special_offers/new_every_two/

And twopiece, it's 22 months for upgrade eligibility--2 months before the end of the contract.

9. mathwhiz

mathwhiz Junior Member

I'm getting ready to upgrade my plan/phone and will be eligible for New Every 2, so I check with Verizon, and here is what the verizion agent said about requirements for using New Every 2. To answer the debate in the thread - it can be used after 22 months. My 22 months just came by, and they said I was eligible, I won't hit 24 months until April.

---------------------------
    Verizon Wireless introduced the New Every Two program to give our customers an opportunity to receive a new digital handset every two years. Customers, who have met the New Every Two requirements, are eligible to receive a free handset valued up to $100.00 or $100.00 off the promotional price of a handset of their choice.

To be eligible for the New Every Two program, you must meet the following guidelines:

· Maintained a two-year customer agreement on or after April 1, 2000, with monthly access of $34.99 or higher.

· Cannot have received a discount on a new handset or AirCard within the last 22 months.

· Accept and remain on a new two-year customer agreement with a currently offered calling plan of $34.99 or higher.

· Secondary lines on Family SharePlans are not eligible for New Every Two, as they do not meet the minimum monthly access requirement.

Customers who enroll in New Every Two on or after November 25, 2002, must take advantage of the offer within six months of becoming eligible for their credit of up to $100.00; otherwise they may be charged according to one- or two-year pricing to upgrade their equipment. This rule does not apply to customers who have enrolled in the New Every Two program prior to this date.
    -------------------------------

Rich

10. wgray8231

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Excellent.

11. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    True-usually it's after 22 months, but CS has been known to do early upgrades even before that date, but I'm not sure if you'd be using NE2, or just getting the discounted price new users would get.

12. BUmmedic

BUmmedic Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    1. On a 24-month contract, you're eligible for a new phone upgrade at new customer/upgrade pricing at 22 months.

2. If you have NE2, you can use it at this time. If the phone is less than $100, or has a rebate that will take you below $0, it works this way:

A. $100 phone = free with NE2
    B. $100 phone + $50MIR = NE2 covers $50, you pay $50, and then send in the rebate for the final $50 to ultimately get a free phone (there are instances where a CS person will just let you have the phone for free using all of your NE2 and just not give you the rebate form).
    C. $150 phone = $50 with NE2
    D. $150 + $75 MIR = NE2 covers $75, you pay $75, and then send in the rebate for the rest.

3. CS (usually over the phone) can approve an early upgrade if they deem your situation as acceptable. For example, you're at 20 months of your 24-month contact and your phone is falling apart. You're a good customer and have always paid your bill on time, so they can refer you to their "customer loyalty" department to approve an early upgrade. If approved, they'll make a note on your account and the store CS will do what the note says.

When I signed a new contract in October, I was at 20 months, but as a good-paying customer who also wanted to add another line and convert to a family share plan, they allowed me to purchase a new phone for myself at the new customer/upgrade price (also using my NE2, so it was free) while purchasing another at new customer/upgrade pricing for my wife. Just took a quick phone call to CS and a short conversation with a very nice "customer loyalty" rep.

Unless you're a bad-paying customer that they've had repeated problems with, and you're not just trying to take advantage of the system, CS will often work out something with you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. thesupe87

thesupe87 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG vx8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow, this information just made my day! I'm at the 2 month point with a retarded and cating up t720 and i desperately have been wanting a new celly! Time to run down to the Verizon Store...Thanks guys.

btw the minutes have increased, from 400 to 450 on the 39.99 america's choice plan, I got a promotional piece in the mail, along with an additional coupon for another $30 off any phone, but thru CS I guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. wgray8231

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah, the 50 min increase was a in the last couple of months.

Extra $30 off, eh? Not bad. Maybe there's a rebate for the one you want, too.

15. thesupe87

thesupe87 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG vx8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    yeah, it can't be combined with the new every 2 tho, that's what's retarded about it. Maybe I can wheel and deal at the store... hmmm

16. wgray8231

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Forgot about that.