Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon mms to CellularOne EC Illinois

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by frannyk, Oct 31, 2007.

1. frannyk

frannyk New Member

Please Help. I am a CellularOne East Central Illinois customer and a family member has Verizon in Florida. I can send pic message to him usinging the 10 digit #@vzwpix.com but he can't send pic mms to me using 10 digit #@email.cellular1.net. Can someone advise. Do we have the wron address for CellularOne East Central Illinois?? Thanks!

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    You know, that doesn't sound quite right, but offhand I can't quite recall what it is.

Have you tried sending an MMS from your CellularOne phone to your E-Mail, it should show up the address it came from.

Good luck & Welcome to WA. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. frannyk

frannyk New Member

Thanks - I did this and it worked - you need to put a 1 in front of of the 10 digit #. I was told not too. I'll give info to my son to try from his Verizon phone. Thanks. This has been a pain!!!!!

4. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    You are welcome, I am glad it worked for you. :). Yes, you do have to put a 1 in front of the 10 digit no, a few of them are still like that. Dobson is like that too, maybe it is a Dobson/CellularOne thing.

So the address needs to be "1+10 digit #@email.cellular1.net", then?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones

You know them GSM carriers, they are a little behind the times. ;)

6. frannyk

frannyk New Member

sent info to son in Fla - he tried to send mms to me using the 1 + 10 digit # - didn't get it. Any other suggestions ???? Really frustrating.

7. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    You know, this maybe at Verizon's end. I have had problems sending mms from my Verizon phone to my at&t phone.

How about sending a mms to yourself from your phone using that address. If you do receive it, then the address is correct and there is no issues with CellularOne's mms. Then the problem is at Verizon's end or there is some issue with interprovider picture messaging.

Hope this helps. :)

Yeah Right!:p

8. Buickman

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    Tell your son to try sending and receiving an messages with his own email account to test his end of it. I thought I heard some talk over at Howard Forums a while back that VZW was pulling the plug on sending messages to email addresses instead of phone numbers. Why are you doing email addresses anyway? Does Cell One not allow inter-carrier MMS?

9. frannyk

frannyk New Member

Will get this info to my son. Cell One does have inter-carrier MMS. But for some reason Cell One and Verizon dont click. I can do MMS to and from my daughter who uses Cingular. I appreciate the help and will let everyone know tomorrow if it worked. Thanks a bunch!

10. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    ahh, no its a carrier thing.

Dont confuse Cellular One of EC illinois with CellularOne from Dobson Celluar, 2 companies different networks etc.

I use Dobson all the time and have sent MMS multiple times to Verizon customers no prob, no 1 before area code.

Have your CS send you a reflash for MMS just for good measure. The Verizon customer may not have their end set up correctly. CDMA carriers are behind the times--just kidding

11. frannyk

frannyk New Member

sending and receiving MMS from other carriers except from verizon. Can send to my son who is a verizon customer (using the mms email address) but he can't send back. I have sent and received from pc email to phone with no trouble - not my end. Must be verizon, but what do we do? contacted verizon customer service - told me to call Cell One - already did - they were the ones who gave me the email addresses - but it still doesn't work for verizon to cellone in EC Illinois. Any suggestions???????

12. frannyk

frannyk New Member

Checked with son in Fla - he has no trouble sending / receiving mms to anyone but me on Cell one EC Illinois.

13. frannyk

frannyk New Member

just received email from Verizon Customer Service - "the verizon customer must utilize a 10-digit dialing pattern when addressing a text message. If they are using a 10-digit dialing, are they sending out an EMS message (a graphic in the body of the text)? If they are trying to send this out, they will have problems because EMS text messaging is not supported with other carriers at this time. Also if the message is longer than 160 characters, it is considered an EMS message. Have the verizon customer send a shorter message to the other carriers phone. if this does not help have the verizon customer call from a landline phone with the cell phone in hand to trouble shoot with our customer service." We will see what hapens.

14. Buickman

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones

I'm out of ideas at this point, you've done everything you should to try and diagnose the issue. Are there any other VZW customers you exchange messages with, or is your son the only one you've tried it with? If so, how do those work?

15. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    can your son send to other carriers to include other Verizon customers? I have seen it where people can recieve SMS or MMS but cant send due to not having MMS enabled on their account and phone. Seems like a dumb question but you would be amazed at the answers you get from CS these days. To alot of CS the fix is blaming on other carriers or pull the battery on your phone and try again. No offense to any truly knowledgeable CS people out there.

16. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I am also running out of ideas, sorry..

One question, when your son is sending MMS to other phones, is he using their E-Mail or doing a direct mms to the phone no? As Buickman mentioned, I think I did hear something about Verizon blocking mms messages to E-Mail nos.

17. frannyk

frannyk New Member

son sends pic messages to several others (don't know the carrier) and doesn't have to use the VZW. Has no trouble sending and receiving. Only to me. I send and receive pic messages to others and have no trouble. can send to him using VZW - only time I have to use it. He can't send pic message (does do text ok to me) to me only. We will see what happens when he calls the verizon cs 800 #. It may be a couple of days before he can do this. Work and all. ha ha. He only has a cell phone so must find a land line. Will keep all posted when I hear anything. If anyone has other suggestions, please advise. I appreciate the support as it is frustrating.

18. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Do you mean he does not have to use the E-Mail? If so, that just maybe the problem why he cannot send to you.

I am very intersted in knowing what Verizon has to say, so yes please keep us posted.

Good luck, I hope it gets sorted out for you soon. :)

19. frannyk

frannyk New Member

have given all information to son in Fla. He had no clue what VZW was until I had him use it on directions of CellOne EC Illinois. He is to contact Verizon cs at the 800 # . I am anxious to see what they say. Hope he can get this done soon as I am curious as to the problem. Will post as soon as we know anything. Appreciate the help.

20. frannyk

frannyk New Member

update: son has had no luck with the verizon cs. He is going to call again to get another one to see if this helps. Will post the information - if he gets it straightened out. Someone told me it was because CellOne is GPRS and Verizon is CDMA. What do you think?

21. Buickman

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones

That won't matter. It has nothing to do with what technology the company uses.

22. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I presume you mean CellOne is GSM & Verizon is CDMA and yes that is correct, but the difference in technology will not have anything to do with sending and/or receiving mms. I think most of us do this quite a bit including myself. It is too bad that he has to send to your CellOne's E-Mail and not directly to your phone no, since I still think Verizon does not allow media sent to E-Mail anymore.

Just as a clarification, I think you mentioned your daughter was on Cingula/at&t and that is also GSM, and just like they can send mms to each other being on two different technologies, it would be the same between you & your son..

Thanks much for keeping us posted. :)

23. frannyk

frannyk New Member

I would think if I can send to my son , somehow he should be able to send to me. I not a technical person, but . . . . . Hope we can resolve this. Thanks. Will keep trying.

24. frannyk

frannyk New Member

No luck from Verizon. Guess we will keep inquiring and hope for the best. If we ever find out anything, I will post it.

25. frannyk

frannyk New Member

Still no luch with Verizon. If we ever come up with anything, I will post. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.