Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Kyocera 7135 moving to ALLTEL

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by twhite, Feb 24, 2006.

1. twhite

twhite New Member

Any thoughts on how to unlock a Kyocera 7135 to work on the ALLTEL network? The local reps dont seem to know what theyre doing.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You need a service programming code (SPC.) This is a six digit 'lock code' which is specific to the handset. Verizon may or may not be willing to give you this code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    It's probably just 000000. Go to a************lk.com There are programming instructions there.

4. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    000000 is the default, one-time use SPC. It only works for the initial programming of the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    It still works on my old Moto V60 and on my current V262

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It will with Alltel... they don't use SPCs.

7. twhite

twhite New Member

i dont suppose we could fill in those *'s? lol

8. dj2quick

dj2quick New Member

yea i dont understand that. is there supposed to be a link? or did the forums block it out? o_O ive seen that many places and its frustrating cause i dont understand why people would post a link that isnt usable....

9. warewulf

warewulf New Member

Verizon may not WANT to give you the SPC for your phone, but are legally obligated to provide you with the information.

I wouldn't bother, though, Alltel can't*(see below)* put your Verizon phone on their network because the firmware is proprietary and specific to each carrier.

Your phone can "technically" work on Alltel's network, but with most phones made within about the past 3 or 4 years the larger carriers (including Alltel) have the phone manufacturers design specific firmware for a specific network.

Although Alltel stores have the capability to update the Alltel firmware in phones, store reps do NOT have the capability to change the firmware from one carrier to another.

If you DO get someone to put your Verizon 7135 on Alltel service I'm willing to bet you're going to have problems with PRL downloads coming automatically from Verizon, and NOT Alltel , it will mess up the PRL your phone, and make you manually switch over to Alltel's local SID by placing the phone on 'home only' and re-downloading the correct PRL for Alltel. It's hassle...

Alltel's policy is to just NOT activate phones from other carriers, they have to be approved Alltel phones..... Come and get your love!

10. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, they're not. Verizon doesn't have to give out the SPC, there is no law that says they have to. In fact, I've only ever head that T-Mobile gives out SPCs/unlock codes and that's only after you complete 90 days of active service.
    Alltel will activate handsets from other carriers but won't flash handsets from other carriers with Alltel firmware. Not having the phone flashed can create a host of problems so you're better off not putting the VZW 7135 on Alltel's network.

11. dj2quick

dj2quick New Member

yea, exactly. this past weekend I just received my 7135 (YAY!!!) and got it activated on cricket. but first i had to get the cricket software loaded on to the phone at this place here in memphis called Cellular Renewal. I'm not sure if they are outside of memphis, but if you can find a place like that then you should be good to go. luckily there is a cricket store RIGHT next door to the cellular renewal place, so everything went ultra-smoothly and only took about 35 minutes to do. ^-^