Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon is the best because...........

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Simon5282, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    OK marty7785. Here is your chance. Prove your case. Why is Verizon the best and all the other carriers suck. Fanboyism aside, back it up with facts. List your facts, provide sources, and convince us all.

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/w...-sued-360-million-over-iphone.html#post482846

Mods: If this is in the wrong forums, please move it. If it is inappropriate, please delete it. If I am out of line, please forgive me.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I want to play.

Verizon is the best because they believe that nothing should happen with, or to one of their phones without them being able to charge the customer for it. For this reason they cripple the Bluetooth functions on their phones and make it so the average person is forced to buy ringtones, wallpapers, and other media directly from Verizon. Want to use BT with your Verizon phone to use the Bluetooth autodial feature in your shiny new car? Sorry, not with Verizon, because they haven't figured out how to charge you for it yet. You want to use a phone you bought on Ebay with Verizon? They'll probably find an excuse to make you buy a new phone from them, and increase their profit margin.

That's enough for now. I am eager to hear why they are the best.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9800/209; U; en))

i want play. because they said so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Apparently he works for Verizon....:rolleyes:

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Honestly there is no reason to start a new thread and call someone out on this. Noone needs to ever explain themselves to anyone come on people!!!

6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    What a waste of time. Everyone is going to have their biases and/or think one company is better than another just because one company WORKS FOR HIM. There is no point in trying to convince others of our points, nor is ONE single company ever the best for everyone.

7. billp

billp Junior Member

My Phone:
    lg vx8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Lg vx8300: LGE-VX8300/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

4 me vzw is the best it meets my needs unlike others in my areas of tavel vzw voice works clear

8. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I know many people will argue with me with this but I believe Verizon is the best because they use CDMA. I know that GSM is the world standard but I believe to be the only reason because Europe was using this all throughout the continent first so it started to spread. This, to me, however, does not mean that it makes it a GOOD technology. Yes, it makes it very easy to roam on, but it doesn't mean it's good. When I had CellularOne/Dobson, no matter what phone I had, the phone would constantly give off an annoying buzzing noise. Come to find out, this has been a HUGE problem with many people not just me. And it's a GSM issue, not just limited to Cell One or to the phones. It's the complete technology. It's due to the use of GSM using TDMA to broadcast voice and data. So this leads me to the question as to why would this technology become so prevelent than if you do not receive this problem with CDMA? CDMA calls are completely crystal clear, it's amazing. I had never had a CDMA phone before Verizon and I was so amazed at the difference!! If only more countries and people could see the difference between CDMA and GSM, I believe CDMA would be the global standard. No more buzz!! I just believe Verizon has the best coverage of the CDMA carriers, so that's why I believe they are the best!!!

Sorry to ramble, but I know I'll get beat up on this . . .. .. always do, LOL.

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I agree with Andy here. Which carrier is best is a very subjective thing and no point in trying to discuss it like this.

10. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Good God, Larry. Has Hell frozen over? :D

11. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I completely agree with Larry. No carrier is better. I never meant to start a discussion on which carrier is better. I don't care about that. I was debating on whether or not to put this thread in the off topic forum because the discussion of carrier superiority was of no relevance.

I just wanted to call Marty out without flaming him. We were talking about a lawsuit that pertained to Apple and AT&T. He trolls into the thread and starts waiving his fanboy flag. Then he has the audacity to tell several of us to leave, and is very sarcastic toward us. If I flame him, I am in the wrong.

So, I will give him the chance. He said, "...Facts are Facts I hear them day in and day out..." So go ahead. Back up your ignorant, trolling, and sarcastic comments. Prove that he knows more than SmArTeStChIlD421, or even me, a relatively new guy. After all, he was so quick to put us in our place.

And a truly sincere Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone around here. Thanks for this place.

12. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    No you wont. Because you like Verizon best and they work for you, and you don't go trash talking others that don't agree with you. I am glad you found what you enjoy.

13. aarathi

aarathi New Member

I am having worst experience with verizon Cingular is by far the best....They have no roaming nationwide plans,the largest coverage areas and you dont have to be in a major city or close to a highway for it to work.I have worked for just about every phone company in my years as a tech and they are without a doubt the best.

14. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ...um...okay...I don't think any of the large 4 carriers still charge roaming on their plans, and all carriers more or less have the same roaming agreements. After having worked in the industry and with every carrier for years you should know that. :rolleyes:
    And just a little piece of information: Sprint (with roaming partners) covers more than Cingular. ;)

15. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    FWIW, if this were a poll I would agree with Andy. It really comes down to who covers your area best and what works for you, and everybody has their own set of experiences to draw from. But I will also say that Verizon's marketing has probably done the best job of convincing the average joe that's never had a cell phone before or tried anybody but Verizon, that Verizon's coverage is the best ... everywhere. :cool:

When it comes to coverage, every provider out there has areas where they are rock solid and other areas where they are weak. And just because you're with a provider that does great in your area, doesn't necessarily mean that somebody else isn't better, or does just as well.

When it comes to how a provider treats its customers, they all have their asinine policies. Cingular and cancelling customers that roam too much, Verizon and their crippling and refusal to compete price/feature-wise with other carriers, Sprint and their cancelling customers that call CS too much for legitimate issues that aren't resolved, etc. etc. etc. Sometimes it's a choice between the lesser of 2 or 3 evils, but there's no way that a standard, general statement can be made that XXXX is the best.

16. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    I definetly agree Andy.

At my specific location, only Sprint/Nextel's CDMA & iDEN have very low signal at my location.
    That doesn't make them a bad carrier everywhere. I know a few friends and family that have Sprint and love it.

On the other hand, I live right behind a tall AT&T tower, that doesn't mean they're the best here either.
    I know how weak GSM is in the eastern part of my county. AT&T does have a strong rural coverage here in many places.

I don't like or dislike any particular carrier. Everyone has their own strong and weak spots.

I happen to live in the boondocks of SC, but not far from an Interstate,
    so I should be happy with whats available, because it could be alot worse. :rolleyes:

17. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    UFO, I agree with what you've said, along with Andy, larry, and others, on this issue. I have 3 carriers and one of them, Verizon, I've been very happy with for nearly 14 years, but would I say they're the best? No, but they're not the worst either. I am happy with them, T-Mobile, and AT&T. Each carrier has strengths and weaknesses.

I've been guilty of fanboy-ism in the past, but I've let it go. I have carriers that work for me. If I have problems and need to cancel service, I will. It's my choice as a paying customer.

18. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410

I too had to fight the irresistible urge to flame him, but I did not because we're not HoFo. Those of you who have been here for a while will know that I rarely flame, even when someone so desperately deserves it. And on the subject of you being a new member, I would not say so. You may only have 200 posts, but you have been a member for 5 years. I think it took me about 2 years to get my first 200 posts in, then things really took off. It is the quality of what you contribute, not how many posts you have made.

-Jay

19. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    I think GSM is a good technology, it might not be the best technology, but it is a good technology. It offers a good level of call quality (see below) and SIM cards for easy swapping of handsets. I would call those things good.

I'm not sure what the standard of GSM calls in North America is having not spent much time there and only having visited a few places (Florida, New York and Minneapolis), but the call quality of GSM networks in the UK is quite good ('quite good' being a British understatement for 'jolly good'). Of course the networks here aren't perfect and one does encounter the odd dropped call, etc, but that's true of just about any network around the world. GSM call quality across much of Europe is quite good I believe.

As an indicator of this, you won't see many, if any references, to a handset's reception in British reviews because they are generally all good on all the networks. You also won't see much mention of a network's coverage or call quality in British reviews because they are all generally rather good. The only time you might see such things discussed is when one is talking about very rural areas or areas cut off from the mainland e.g. Na h-Eileanan Siar, in which case Vodafone is usually mentioned since they do tend to have decent coverage in such areas.

20. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Also consider that Europe is easier to cover than the US. Most European countries are smaller than some US states. They have a lot less towers to build to get complete coverage than a US carrier.

-Jay

21. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Verizon is the best because they think they are....

....but then again Bush went to war in Iraq because he thought they had WMDs.

22. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Are you a hillary fan? Cause that must be her on that moped.

23. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    That's true to an extent, but some European countries also have some rather difficult and/or sparsely populated terrain to cover. For example, Switzerland is a mountainous country and yet it has rather solid coverage for the most part. There are countries like Norway where there may not be 100% geographic coverage because some of the terrain is simply too remote to make it worthwhile.

24. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    And managed to brainwash a lot of people into believing their hype. ;) They've done a great job at marketing.

25. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think Verizon has to be a good carrier. I have never used them, but they have some of the highest satisfaction ratings in the industry and some very low churn rates. But I think they are just another carrier. Why has their marketing had a stronger influence than the other big fours, powerful network, more bars in more places, and works where you need it?

26. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    They all brainwash

27. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    AMEN brother!!! :D

28. jerry 12

jerry 12 Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    us cellular / Verizon
    i was in a store that sold verizon phones a few months ago their were two young men their working for verizon. they started to tell me how great verizon was and started to put down my carrier uscc. they were just plain rude about it how great verizon was and how sorry uscc was. i took it a few minutes and just listen to their BS about uscc and then i exploded on them i told them they had been brain was by verizon and that uscc had great coverage here in eastern north Carolina.they just kelp on being ugly about uscc and before i left the store they shut their mouths and so did any one else in hearing distances. lefts just say it got quite in that part of circuit city. :D

29. kashkanantambu

kashkanantambu Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Treo 700w
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    CDMA is definitely the way to go. And if anyone studies it, they will see why this is a superior technology. I wouldn't be surprised if compaines that currently ise GSM eventually switch to this technology, it is just not cost effective for them at this time to do so.

I do a lot of travelling around the US, mainly on the west coast and, my issue with verizon is the low signal strength in these areas, and their high fees. It's fuuny, I was in Mojave CA, and there was verizon wireless store there, and I only had about wo bars on my phone. I couldn't believe it.

:confused:

30. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Actually, Verizon announced a few weeks ago that they would be using LTE in the future. LTE is the 4G evolution for the GSM standard.

One more thing, go to iespell.com and download the spell-checker. It is free, and it is great!