Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon iPhone or HTC Incredible

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by jb198606, May 7, 2010.

1. jb198606

jb198606 New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless Since (2006)
    Hi everyone I have been a customer of Verizon Wireless since 2006. Ever since the iphone came out to AT&T I always wanted one. But there was no way I was going to transfer to AT&T because there coverage and customer service was terrible. That was the whole reason I went to Verizon and loving every minute. I currently still have my old original Motorola V325 phone because I have just been holding out year after year just hoping that maybe the iphone would come to Verizon. Earlier last month I heard on the news that Wall Street Journal and USA Today have reported that there has been talks into bringing the iphone to Verizon and Sprint. I told myself this year that I will wait until June to see if Apple announces anything and if not I am going to be buying a new phone. I am writing just to see what your guy's thoughts are on this situation. Do you think I should wait until June to see if anything happens? Or just go ahead with the purchase of the HTC Incredible? Or lastly wait until 2011 and see if anything might happen? Just to add some information I currently carry a work supplied iphone with me and I also have a ipod touch. So its not like I have never got to use the iphone.

Thanks for your time and help.

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello there, since you don't have to have a phone right now and you have always wanted the iPhone, my recommendation is to wait.

The Incredible just came out, and even though it is getting great reviews, waiting a little would be good.

Now, as to how long to wait? That is hard to say, I guess that depends on how long you want to wait.

BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I agree with Charlyee about waiting a little while longer. Apple should announce the next iPhone next month. We should get a better indication if Verizon will get it or not (don't hold your breath on this one).

I'm in the same boat as you regarding the two phones (except for the "not leaving Verizon part). The Incredible would keep me on Verizon, and I am willing to jump to AT&T if I have to for the iPhone, but ONLY if I have to.

I just don't have a good feeling Verizon will get the iPhone this year. I hope I'm wrong, but...

The Incredible is as close to an iPhone you can get with Verizon and it has a number of features the iPhone doesn't have and still won't get with the next OS version. I'm leaning pretty far on the side of the Incredible at the moment, but will still wait it out till next month to see what Apple says.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. our3rotts

our3rotts An Iowa Gurl...

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    You could always upgrade your current phone with your NE2 to the Incredible.

Then you can compare it to your work iphone & see which you want to stick with. If it's not the Incredible, take it back before the 30 days are up and go back to your old Moto plan. If Verizon hasn't announced an iphone, then jump ship to AT&T.

5. M in LA

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
  6. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I don't know, from what I know about the new iPhone its not gonna match the incredible in specs.

7. The Robot Devil

The Robot Devil Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    At best you will be waiting until late 2011 to see a Verizon iPhone. In fact you may never see a Verizon iPhone. AT&T renewed their agreement with Apple making them the exclusive carrier for the iPhone in the USA. My advice is to go with the HTC Incredible. It is a terrific device that will cost you less than an iPhone.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Apple just confirmed the AT&T deal lasts until 2012. Sorry but you won't see an iPhone on other carriers until 2012.

9. M in LA

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    If this is from a CNN report/article, I take it as suspect. Everything I've read today on the issue from various blog and mobility-related sites is that the agreement signed between Apple and AT&T in 2007 was for 5 years, which would make your statement true, but...

These same blog sites are saying the same thing, Apple might have amended the rules and the 5 year agreement may no longer be the case.

Apple and AT&T aren't saying a word. So until Apple officially confirms what the deal is one way or the other, I take any of these so-called reports with a grain of salt.