Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon insurance

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by VxxRoBxxV, Jun 16, 2003.

1. BarVybe

BarVybe New Member

Well,
    with a one year contract, any phone failure NOT due to water, smashing it or theft is covered under the warranty right?

is there actually any reason for me to get the insurance since the insurance + deductable for the year would = $100 anyway?
    what am i missing?

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Any manufacturing defect or problem that results as a result of a defect would be covered for one year under the warranty, you are correct.

If you are worried about your phone being lost or stolen, and you get insurance, you would get another 4400 for $100 or less in total costs. If you were to purchase one full price or on ebay you would probably pay around $300 or more. If you can live with a different phone though you can save a lot of money buying something else for much less.

3. PjayzcivicHd84

PjayzcivicHd84 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    just depends ur area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VANDIT

VANDIT New Member

Phone is new...It came in the original box...I believe someone previously stated that refurbs come in plain brown boxes...Anyway, it also has firmware version 06...

I have one question though...Do I have to send back ALL my old original equipment back (ie charger, clip, battery, etc.), or will just sending the phone back suffice? Thanx.

5. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    For what when u receive a phone for insurance? When I received a refurbished t720(for the 2 days i had it lol) i kept all accessories. all they gave me was the phone and battery. if you got a phone in a box with accessories it probably isnt refurbished.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    They will give you a new phone if they don't have any refurbs. If they have refurbs in stock you will get those. To be safe I would send back everything they sent you. If that means sending back chargers and other stuff, I would recommend doing that. You probably could call and ask though. If they just want the phone and battery then you have some extra accessories. [​IMG]

7. VANDIT

VANDIT New Member

Hmmm...I may have to call them, but my plan was to keep the battery and the other accessories, and only return the phone...I also called VZW, and they said that I should be fine returning the phone only, but I don't know...Has anyone else had similar situations? Any info would be appreciated.

8. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Vandit i never understood your situation all you said was u bought a phone and it came in a box is all i got could u explain?

9. VANDIT

VANDIT New Member

Play...I got a phone through Lockline as an insurance claim...They want me to send my broken equipment back to them...I was wondering if this entails the charger and other accessories, or just the physical phone, itself...

I want to keep at least the battery so I'll have an extra one, but am not sure if Lockline would wnat that back, too...

What I received from them is a new 4400 with the charger, AC adaptor, manual, clip, phone, and battery...

SO....do I have to send exactly everything that they sent me, or do you think I should try keeping everything, but the broken phone?

10. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I read this suggestion elsewhere:

How about you send them the broken phone and keep everything else. Then if they call you and say "where's the rest if the stuff?" just say oops I thought you only needed the phone and then ship it back. If they don't say anything then I guess you can keep your other stuff.

11. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah. They arent going to revoke your phone if you dont have the accessories. Just test them.

12. VANDIT

VANDIT New Member

Alright guys...just called Lockline, and I asked them what I needed to send back, they said that JUST the phone was fine...WOOHOO!! Now I have a second charger, clip, and battery....Nice!!! Thanx for your suggestions.

13. Merlyn3D

Merlyn3D Junior Member

Right, refurb is supposed to be as good as new. I like my refurb better, has some fixed bugs and everything on it looked brandspankin' new. In fact, I think it was new.

14. PjayzcivicHd84

My Phone:
    LG VX7000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Huh? you paid retail for a used phone basically.

15. SatCom

SatCom New Member

I have no idea if this is in fact correct, but I was told over the phone that I could upgrade to a new/better phone by just paying the difference between what I paid for my 4400 and whatever is it I want to get next. OR I guess, if you were to get a new phone...or even a refurb, you could just sell it and then put that money toward a new, different phone. Sometimes it makes me wish I had signed up though a third party like Staples or something, where they have their own guarantee. Staples for example told me that I could return any phone, any time, for any reason (i.e. "I just don't like it anymore") and pay the difference and get whatever I want. The guy said "People do it all the time."

16. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    the verizon contractors replace it fairly quickly. i ahd a sprint one that took 2 weeks. its not worth it though. 5 a month plus 50 when you lose it. if you lose one every two years your talking almost 200 for the coverage...might as well buy a enw one.