Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Info on Home Caller ID boxes

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by chunk73, Aug 20, 2002.

1. chunk73

chunk73 New Member

I remember last year verizon putting in the bills that soon they will be offering customers names to be put on called id boxes in residential homes. And it has yet to take affect. Does anyone know if they will be doing that, because i know cingular does it now. How hard could it be for them.

2. roamer1

roamer1 In Memoriam

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Palm Treo 680
    Wireless Provider(s):
    lots of orange, a little Little Rock blue
    They haven't as of a week ago (when I left VZW for AT&T for other reasons.)

-SC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nester

nester New Member

actually, Cingular also gave notice that they WILL be doing this, but haven't yet (in our market anyway). It still comes up as "New Jersey" when I call a home landline from my Cingular. Not sure what the deployment schedule is, but they wanted to give notice to allow customers to request per line blocking if they want to remain anonymous (which "New Jersey" pretty much is). I guess it's nice for when I call some place that has a legit reason for wanting to know who I am (placing an order, for example). I don't want to have to *82 every time I call someone's home, but I liked having businesses not knowing my name unless I disclosed it... if they're trying to make it more like a landline in terms of features, when will I be able to see the name of the caller on my cell? And why don't I have anonymous caller rejection? Either catch up with landlines in the CID arena or leave things be, IMO.

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sprint already sends the subscriber name to Caller ID boxes...long time ago. Cingular will start doing this in October in NJ. If I understood the memo correctly, I recall reading that this is a requirement and that they cannot block the name only. The only option they are giving customers is to block their entire Caller ID including number, so that everyone they call will get a "caller blocked" message. If you don't choose to block it, then both the number and the name will be sent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...