Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon in the Northeast?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Bosox36, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Bosox36

Bosox36 New Member

I'm looking for a new service provider, and would appreciate some recommendations. I live in Massachusetts, and want something that would be good in this area and the surrounding states (NH, Maine). I'm leaning towards Verizon, b/c they seem to have the best service and coverage. Basically, is their one solid company out there that has all this, good phones, and is someone that has a solid future plan (not liking switching to other providers). What do you all think? Also, are there any new plans/phones on the horizon that if I sign up now I will miss out on in say a month or so? Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. Servicesurfer

Servicesurfer New Member

i have a few employees currently on Voicestream who travel in your specified area. I am looking to switch them as they are not getting any coverage in the more rural areas. So far Verizon looks like the best chioce for me siince I need both digital an analog coverage.

3. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    Verizon has the best coverage in New England. The Samsung a-310 flip phone should be released in late august/september. if you don;t want to wait the v-60i is available now.

4. Bosox36

Bosox36 New Member

Thanks for the info? Anyone else? Tompug: How about the Samsung sch-t300 or n300?

5. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    I can strongly reccomend the T300. Very powerful feature set, great signal, nice form factor. Despite what some may say about the V60, or VX-1, I think the T300 is Verizon's best phone feature wise for the price(the built in answering machine is awesome!)

6. Bosox36

Bosox36 New Member

Much thanks Dave (a.k.a mooby), I appreciate the info...

7. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    I agree with mooby about the samsungs, the motorolas are my favorites for signal strenth but I;m not a fan of the lg phones, construction wise their built very nice but their signal strenth with both Verizon and Sprint are weak compared to the others,( more noticeable with sprint).

8. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

Is the T300 ERI compatible?

9. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    what is ERI?

10. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

Enhanced Roaming Indicator...it is when your display shows Verizon, Extended, or Roaming as a banner instead of relying on the roaming indicator.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizon is the best in Mass., hands down. They've won the J.D. Power & Associates Award in that market in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001; and, don't be surprised when they win it once again in 2002.

12. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Joe,
    I'm not positive but I'm fairly certain it is ERI capable. The banner can be customized and does change when certain phone features are engaged so I'd imagine it would change to read extended network etc. I'd guess Verizon's current line up of phones are all ERI capable and they are still selling the T300.

13. skadoo323

skadoo323 Junior Member

i travel around the east coast and i have both verizon and sprint service. so far both have served me well. although verizon has analog capabilities, which is helpful on those middle of no where back roads.