Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

VERIZON CREDIT CHECK

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by PEEWEENYC, Dec 27, 2002.

1. PEEWEENYC

PEEWEENYC Junior Member

Does anyone know if you have bad credit, how much of a deposit do you have to put down in order to sign up with Verizon?

2. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

I've seen deposits range from an automatic $200 for 18 year olds or others with no credit, to $1000 (possibly more) for people with bad credit. On average, I'd say bad credit gets $300-400 unless it's really bad.

3. acoysighintime

acoysighintime Junior Member

At 19, with zero credit, I was required no deposit.

4. PEEWEENYC

PEEWEENYC Junior Member

HOW BOUT AGE 23, AND SO AND SO CREDIT?

5. qcXilvr

qcXilvr New Member

This is false. At the age of 18, I was approved without a deposit, so it's not really automatic for that age. But it is correct in that where a deposit is returned, it will be a minimum of $200, and so on.

I believe it is refundable at the end of the contract term or they apply it to the bill at the end.

6. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

I apologize. To my understanding it is an automatic $200 for people without credit, but not necessarily automatic for 18 year olds if they happen to have some credit. The deposit is refunded with interest after 1 year.

7. Apoc

Apoc Senior Member

The new guidelines on credit are different with VZW the maxium now is only $400 down from there $1,000. But really SPCS has the better cr guidlines for you they have spending limits.