Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- Verizon Coverage in Maine

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by FVJ48, Oct 2, 2004.

1. FVJ48

FVJ48 New Member

My Phone:
    Razr V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    Can anyone shed any light on what the latest plan is in regards to expanding of the number of towers/coverage Verizon has in Maine? I am particularly interested in coverage in the Gorham/Buxton area. It seems to have improved somewhat, but not where I would like to see it.

2. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

If VZW provides maps of the Locations of ther Towers,
    Coverage would'nt be guess Work.
    I can tell you it's GREAT where i Live but may be HORRIBLE where you Live.

But since they don't want to for Competitive reasons; it's guess work.
    If all Carriers provides maps of their Towers,
    then you will know who has the most towers and who has one closes to where you Live.
    In that case you will not get a service from a carrier that has the farthest & the fewest Cell Sites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile

Well but that would make things better for the consumer, and it would have carriers make sure they have lots and lots of cellsites to cover a specific area...there would probably be a cellsite war, :D

4. Pedal2Medal00

Pedal2Medal00 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I happen to think coverage in Maine is fairly good. I have a VX6000 and it works like a charm. The Verizon coverage in Greater Portland is great. Outside the city it is still fairly good. If you don't have coverage with Verizon (past Lewiston & Auburn), you will have great coverage with USCC free of charge.

5. BillRadio

BillRadio Wireless Consultant

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint
    Future site locations is a closely-guarded secret. When I accessVerizon's Coverage Tool I see coverage is quite good from about Gorham northward, but some (Preferred) roaming to the south.

I'm guessing you have some Verizon dead spots. There have been quite a few new sites added in New England, but the only people who know for sure is your local building department. Remember, they work for you. Some of their information is available online. Look for "CMRS" applications.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Yay for the first post in 4 years!