Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Contract Transfer? Cancel?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ryanjudy, Apr 6, 2003.

1. ryanjudy

ryanjudy Junior Member

I finally switched to AT&T GSM this week, in MA... I couldn't take the horrible Verizon phones that seem to be outdated by at least a year. I got the Nokia 3650 camera phone.

I still have a year left on my verizon contract, and if anyone was interested in signing up for a new cell phone contract but already had a phone, I would pay $50 if anyone wanted to take it over... Or I could throw in my old TM-510. You would probably get the new every 2 $100 credit at the end of the 2nd year also.

Anyone else know any other way besides this to cancel?

THANKS!

2. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

You can transfer the service to someone else, but there are no other easy or guaranteed ways to avoid a cancelation fee.

3. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    the vx 4400 diddnt do it for you hu? hows your service with att GSM ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mreg

mreg Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You left Verizon because you couldn't get a camera phone?

5. herbrock17

herbrock17 Junior Member

wow...very informed decision...peace all

6. ryanjudy

ryanjudy Junior Member

Yea pretty much, sad isn't it... they lost a $100 a month customer because they couldn't sell a half decent phone. The VX4400 compares to the SCP-5000 Sprint sold in 2000!

I'm in the city, so reception isn't a hudge deal, ATT's is probably actually better than Verizon, and I enjoy "ADVANCED DIGITAL FEATURES" that Verizon could never possibly provide.

I think that Verizon needs to realize their great network wont keep people forever, as the other carriers expand they look less and less attractive.

I think except for the heaviest rural traveller, (truckers or whatever, I dont know) Verizon is fine. For a person who travels between LA, Boston and NY like me, I can get good reception and half decent phones all in one.

So far mMode isn't bad! I'm finding it pretty useful, although it's not REALLY fast, it's better than Express Net, or Quick2Net anyday!

7. Codepyro

Codepyro Senior Member

lol i really doubt that mMode is faster than expessnet...the technology just isn't there to make sense....as far as leaving for a camera phone atleast you should've gotetn sprint this way you would've had a a camera phone and a good national network...