Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon come on!!

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by RJB, Jun 14, 2008.

1. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Now I don't care who you are or what service or phone you have there are times that it can really just make you angry sometimes. Whether it be no service calls dropped sms/mms not going through. Well here is my little rant about Verizon lately at my home.

At my home for the past few months have been getting many dropped calls and mms/sms not going out quickly. This is all do to me having pilot pollution and other factors. I have to say it is getting very very old and really making me want to try something else. Now I really just hate this because I have -70's as my signal I just bounce off to many towers here. And everywhere else I go I have it good. I just wanted to vent and get this off my chest man I just have to tell myself cant have it all.

2. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I feel your pain. so get another phone with someone else. and when one don't work right use the other one. that's been working for me. with sprint sero and att.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    This would be a good thing to do. But if I were to do anything it would to get a VOIP service.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Pilot pollution involing just a single NID is usually not that bad. I'm surprised you are in the -70's and bouncing. The handoff range doesn't usually hit until -85 or so in my experience.

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You and me both I am glad that I am down the hill a little from the NID border tower so that is lucky for me. But yeah I am just in the right spot for this.

6. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Join the club, Ryan. :rolleyes: My family and I have had this problem with Verizon since late last summer. My sister, who lives in Nebraska, had this problem (dropped calls in her apartment), my uncle who lives in Michigan has this problem, and my dad, mom, and I have this problem. I can speak for both my area and my sister's area by saying that Verizon has neglected both areas by having too many people use the few towers that are within 2-3 miles of my sister's apartment and my family's house. In our area, we have had dropped calls, missed calls, phones not ringing, garbled calls, static calls, and straight to voicemail calls. This is not good considering we run a successful ecotour company out of our house and need the coverage. My uncle, aunt, and cousin in Michigan, my sister in Nebraska, and my family and I in Florida have different phones (except my sister and mom have the same device) yet we still have the same problems. IMHO, I think Verizon's network has deteriorated depending on what area you are in. So in August, Verizon will be losing a $200/month family account and AT&T will be gaining one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I will have to see what happens in the near future.

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Can you tell if any of the PN offsets in the neighbor list are on a different NID than the one you are locked on? Even if your phone doesn't bounce and stays locked on the same NID you can still be affected by the NID depending on the other handoff sites your phone can pick up in the background.

9. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Pilot Pollution is never a problem here, unless I go up to the mountains in Western NC,
    especially along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I live near a SID & NID border with Alltel, and never have trouble receiving calls even at the border.
    The two SIDs & NIDs within 10 miles are:

SID 114, NID 5
    SID 116, NID 7

this border is 4 miles to my west near Cowpens (Spartanburg-Cherokee County line).

I'm covered completely by 114 at home, and rarely during a call,
    my phone finds a PN in 116 if I stand in one spot on the south side of the house,
    but my phone never locks onto 116 at home.

So, my question is are NID borders in the same SID or different SIDs worse, or does it matter?

10. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I know very little about voip. but can you do that on a cell phone. esp when your out and about?

11. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    No this is just for when I would be home. Basically you can make calls over a broadband intnernet connection.

12. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Good question no I do not jump around on my offsets. I really think there is just something wrong with some equipment or something because I just dont understand what it could be. I have tried or gone through almost every variable.

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You are very lucky because that sounds like it has the potential to be a bad situation for incoming calls. I have never seen a situation yet where incoming calls would work too well near or on an NID border.

14. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Well heres my situation at the Alltel SID/NID border near me.
    At the border, (during a call) my phone uses 2 PNs, 1 in SID 114, NID 5, the other in SID 116, NID 7.

At the border (when the phone is idle), it still flips SIDs/NIDs
    and my incoming calls are always successful, just like I'm not near a border.

The town of Cowpens, near me 5 miles away,
    has the SID/NID border going right through the center of town,
    again not a problem for me when I go there, except for the somewhat low combined signal at the border.

I guess there are bigger problems for different NID switches in the same SID.
    I've experienced them in Stanhope & Netcong, NJ where Sprint (4162) has 2 NID switches, NID 150 & NID 1.

15. Vekspec

Vekspec New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    ya i know what you mean. i hate dropped calls too and all.

but i went through all the service providers in my area, T-moble, Verizon, Sprint and AT&T. i get dropped calls on all of their networks. i think it is where i live and not the phone. but once i get away from that area, seems Verizon has the least dropped calls out of the four (followed by AT&T). i got the most dropped calls with Sprint, sometimes i cant even make a call with sprint. :p

16. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah I know I have most all them as well. Except Cricket. When it comes down to it when I am not home Verizon is the best choice by far and you know if things were good here then I would not even question anything.

17. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I only had one awful experience on Verizon... I was going to Montgomery, AL. Outside of Marianna, Florida, my phone could not decide what network to use... It picked up SID 329 from Alabama, SID 4160, and AllTel SID 544... All had low signal and the Q went bananas!

18. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    att works good in those areas! i keep telling you Quint ATT is for you!

19. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    That was a one time experience and an isolated spot but it irked me to say the least. Leaving Verizon is a costly proposition for me since I have 3 lines lol.

In that spot, even T-Mobile worked with no problem :eek: considering that I rarely go to that area, I'm willing to take my chances with my Verizon lol