Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

verizon cell phone

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by joani, Nov 8, 2001.

1. joani

joani New Member

i have a friend who calls me frequently on a verizon cell phone and obviously he is on a verizon wireless plan. calls are from the georgetown area of washington dc. and wickford rhode island. 50% of the time the quality of the calls is marginal and the phone service just cuts out frequently. i have read that verizon service is good...but i sure don't think so. could it be that if the phone was upgraded to another phone - one considered "the best" that call quality would improve? thanks.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    While it is true that some phones do perform better than others, you didn't mention what you were using on the receiving end. Is your friend calling you at a landline (wireline) phone or are you also on a cell phone. If he is calling a landline number, then the problem may be on his side (and still not necessarily be the phone). The only way to know for sure would be try another phone. (Perhaps renting one for a week.)

I was quick to conclude that someone calling me was having problems a while back and shortly afterwards realized that it was MY cell phone that was having the problem.

Kevin

3. Guest

Guest Guest

verizon service may be good.... it may be the best, but it's not perfect... even if you have the best coverage in the business some spots will be "dead"

if you want a guaranteed connection...pick up a landline phone..

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Not even landlines can boast a guarantee of service. I know of resort dwellers and moutain retirement areas that rely, not on their landline, but on their cell phone during severe weather conditions because the lines are down.

5. rlugo74

rlugo74 New Member

To get better service you have 2 choices: 1. move to Europe 2.get a satellite phone