Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Blackberry on the Alltel network?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by charcarik, Aug 25, 2007.

1. charcarik

charcarik New Member

I have a Blackberry 7130e. It's a Verizon phone and I'm trying to use it on the Alltel network. Everything works except internet Alltel Tech says it can be done. I've installed numerous software updates to the phone nothing worked. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
    Char

#1 charcarik, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
  2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Unfortunatly, because this is a Verizon phone, you should be able to do everything except using the mobile web. Everything else should work OK, though. Remember that, because this is a Verizon device, it is going to be originally programmed for Verizon and may pick up other networks which might charge you for roaming and there is no guarantee that everything will work perfectly 100% of the time.

Can you use a Verizon device on the Alltel network? Yes, but generally speaking it's better to use an Alltel device.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charcarik

charcarik New Member

So how do I change the prl so it is alltels Prl and not Verizons?

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

You can dial *228 while on the Alltel network with your phone programmed with your Alltel information and it might work but it probably won't. Hard to do with a Verizon device. Even still, things might not work 100% correcly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

It won't work. I've talked to many customers who have managed to get a different carrier's phone onto Alltel. Each time they have tried the *228 update and still get tons of roaming - none of which we adjust off. Sorry, but if you want to use Alltel you need to do it properly and use an Alltel phone. If you choose to keep your old network's phone, they you are just going to have to pay the roaming fees for that privilege.

6. charcarik

charcarik New Member

After all of this and hours on the phones with techs who know what their doing and many who don't it's much easier to just buy an alltel phone.---which I did----I am amazed at the data support group alltel has, some of the guys up there are AMAZING and they were wonderful to work with, however yesterday I spoke to some who were just aweful. If I can suggest anything to anyone who has alltel and you get one of those guys on the line that just sounds like they're reading from a text book :confused: HANG UP immediately and call back. You're bound to get one of the awesome guys that know the equipment in and out.----Thanks to all of you who helped. I wish I was a little more savvy in cracking code :rolleyes: