Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon and Nokia

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by mnq99, Jul 7, 2005.

1. mnq99

mnq99 New Member

Hi! I am a complete Nokia fan since '94 when living in Europe. Unfortunately I had to move from ATT to Verizon when I moved from Boston to CT and their phone selection s@ck. Now, since Verizon seem to have the best coverage in the area, I would like to stick it out a bit to see if Verizon is going to add a bluetooth Nokia phone. Anyone know or do I have to move over to Cingular to get the phone that I want. Best, M

2. Verizon doesn't hav very many bluetooth phones... but since they have the best coverage in your area I'd just pick a different phone... every single phone ive had except for my two LG phones, were nokia, (nokia 5100 w/ US Cellular, nokia 5100 with Eloqui, and Nokia 1250 with Eloqui) and ALL have been trouble

3. mnq99

mnq99 New Member

I cannot stand flip phones and I want to stay with Nokia, or Sony Ericsson if is candy bar style. Wondered if there is any buzz out there regarding those brands and Verizon.

M

4. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Only a few high-end VZW phones have some BT.

VZW almost always offers a Nokia bar, but currently is not. If you wait a while, they'll probably have one again. I wouldn't count on the BT, though.

5. when I went to the verizon store on Tuesday to sign up for new service, they had a cheap looking nokia phone for 19.99, but it wasn't bluetooth... and like someone else said even if they got a nokia phone it probably wouldn't have bt on it.

6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I think you are out of luck on this one. Verizon has no candy-bar style phone with bluetooth right now. If you want a Nokia you can get the 6015i but some places dont have this anymore so you might have to look around. There is also the Kyocera candy-bar phone. Other than that right now those are your choices the selction might suck like you said but most people want flip phones. I prefer candy-bar though and I can tell you from having the 6015i for 8 months now I love it.

7. mnq99

mnq99 New Member

Thanks. I will have to settle for the 6015i then, since I really do not want to move to Cingular. I really wanted BT since it will be illegal in CT after October to use your phone while driving unless you have handsfree, and I hate wired earpeaces. Thanks.

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Cool glad to hear that you will go with this. I hate earpeices to but on average they are safer when driving.

9. mnq99

mnq99 New Member

10. wgray8231

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hands-free or not, talking on your cell is still a distraction from driving. When I do talk, it's usually under a minute.

11. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I feel as if dialing is the worst part of using a cell phone in a car. I mean i talk on the phone constantly while driving (or I talk to the person in my passenger seat while driving) I really see no difference. The problem is when people start looking into their lap trying to find the right number on the number pad to dial. I think if there was a way to make it so you had to use voice dialing while in a car that would be the most help in reducing the distraction of cell phones.

12. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  13. wgray8231

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Gotta love the stock photos and video footage.

I'll call and order pizza while I'm driving home, but some people talk for a lot longer. That can get dangerous. Maybe they should outlaw even using a cell while driving. When my wife is in the car, I drive and she answers the phone.

14. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yep I do the same thing if someone is with me they will answer my phone for me. :)