Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon and good phones pending release?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by TallyHoYall, Feb 4, 2007.

1. TallyHoYall

TallyHoYall New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Ok so I'm effectively just mad. I need some advice, guys. I am thinking about getting a new phone. I tried the VX8600 and it just didn't do much for me. The texture of the casing (and the fingerprint problem) really got on my nerves, and the volume of the speakerphone just wasn't going to cut it, so I took it back the next day.

Does anyone know of any new LG phones coming out on VZW that would have camera/video, bluetooth, speakerphone, and music capabilities (microSD card slot, media player, etc...)? I'm starting to doubt that anything good is going to be released, but I could just be too anxious for good things to happen. Currently I'm on an 8300, which I love to death, but am getting ant-sy about getting my hands on a new phone. Gotta love the phone addiction :rolleyes:

I may just go get an 8600.

2. TallyHoYall

TallyHoYall New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Lord help me (a dedicated LG fan) but I'm also considering the Nokia 6315i and the Razr V3m. Can anyone shed some light on their experiences with these two?

I have heard the V3m still has some software problems (like running slow and the alarm clock not always working)... can anyone elaborate? My roommate has one and she loves hers - no problems out of it.

How about the Pantech-factor in the 6315? Build quality? Battery life? RF? I haven't really liked Pantech stuff before, so I don't think I would like it now, even though they are growing towards a fairly well-known presence in the cell phone market.

3. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    Get the 8600. It should satisfiy your phone addiction for a few months!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I agree with sillybilly, get the VX-8600. It is a beautiful phone with a lot of really nice features. I don't have one myself, but I've seen it at VZ & Best Buy and I thing, for you as an LG fan, you can't go wrong with this one.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. digikid

digikid New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Wait, the previous two posts said to get an 8600...I believe he said he has the 8600 and he didn't like it.

Anyway, personally, I wouldn't get another phone with vzw if I had to. They are all crippled and have a standard UI on them. Not how phones are supposed to be.

6. TallyHoYall

TallyHoYall New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I think I've decided. I'm on the fence about getting a V3m. I had the V3c when it came out and hated it, but I have been playing with my roommate's V3m and really like it. the software runs alot faster, less freezing up, etc.

I'm going to let it stew a little while longer.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    my RAZR V3m is really nice............now i have it with Sprint so there is the regular OEM software and Sprint puts an overlay on it much like Verizon's except that i believe that Verizon removes the OEM software before adding their own so the Verizon V3m must be great when it comes to things like freeze-ups and slow processor speed.........mine freezes up sometimes when i'm on the web and attempting to go back like 5 pages at a time

other than that i love my V3m.............go for it...........although i have heard good things about LG VX phones..........many people i know who have had them that i know really liked them and had no problems whatsoever..........

about the alarm clock issue.........the alarm is fine.........its the calandar you have to watch out for.......i have set the calendar for notifications before and sometimes it wont alert until about 15 before the event starts if its set for an alarm 1 hour before the event

8. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    The Razr maxx Ve, LG 8700, Samsung Mobi will be out shortly as well as acouple others

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    whats the Samsung Mobi? :confused:

10. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
  11. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    cute................

12. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]
    No this is cute!

13. TallyHoYall

TallyHoYall New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I do like the looks of that 8700... :D

I decided to not get the Razr. I'm going to hold out with my 8300 until it essentially melts on me, then hopefully, by then, this jewel should be available!

Thanks for the pics!

14. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    that makes me think ..........umm..........too futuristic........too much stainless steel.........dont like this at all :(

15. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Hmm, an LG RAZR....How original.:rolleyes: Not bad looking, though.

16. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    Actually its modeled in the LG "Shine" family..and that is a color external Display..262,000 QVGA internal display,Transflash,2 MP camera, Would consider this over the low end Razr anyday...Plus flash themes are a major plus for me on this one...