Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon Ads

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by KevinJames, Nov 15, 2001.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Here we go again. Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems making heads or tails of this. I copied the text (copy/paste) from their website to ensure a complete and accurate quote. I only added the highlight and underlining.

3500/$35 Offer: Subject to Service Agreement and calling plan. $30 - $35 Activation fee &amp; up to $175 early termination fee apply. Requires credit approval. Not available in all markets. Cannot be combined with other offers. Usage rounded to next full minute. Unused allowances lost. With 3500/$35 promotion, allowance minutes may apply to week<u>day</u> airtime use only. If airtime usage exceeds night and/or weekend promotion allowance, airtime charges apply, even if minutes remain unused in the anytime allowance. Additional minutes billed at standard airtime rates. Weekend and night &amp; weekend rate periods vary by market. Taxes, roaming, toll &amp; other charges may apply. CDMA compatible phone required. Two-way messaging capable phone required.

I know my understanding has GOT to be wrong, but doesn't that ad say that the 3500 minutes applies to datytime, also known as &quot;peak&quot; (not, &quot;off peak&quot;) minutes? I don't know why I have so much trouble understanding their ads. I guess it is just not the way I would say it.

Kevin

2. Bill

Bill New Member

&quot;allowance minutes may apply to weekday airtime use only&quot;.
    This probably means 'anytime' allowance. That is, you cannot
    use this 'anytime' allowance for nights/weekend use.
    I think...
    Bill

3. rlugo74

rlugo74 New Member

It`s a national ad, so in some market you can get 300 daytime and 3200 n/w and other market 250 daytime and 3250 n/w or only weekend or 150 weekday 3350 weekend or n/w. national,regional,local,after 9pm or after 10 pm. it is confusing.....

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Huh. And yet their (Verizon's) ads claim &quot;Simple, Affordable.&quot; No wonder I like ATT Wireless more: What Verizon claims, ATT lives up to. Here in the SF/Bay Area and Central Valley, I just changed my plan to a local plan which includes, the whole state as &quot;local&quot; and in-state roaming and in-state long-distance. That is $50 for 600 anytime minutes and <u>unlimited</u> nights and weekends (off-peak starts at 8PM and ends at 7AM). Now that is what I call simple and affordable (and understandable)!

5. ILVLA2

ILVLA2 Member

Kevin, I agree with you. That is a very deceptive ad. If not read right, it would be easy for a customer to think they are getting 3500 weekday minutes. But they still have the best rates here in Ukiah, US Cellular's and Edge's(AT&amp;T affiliate)are even worse. But Verizon may get a lot of irate customers after this one, and I will have to face them at the Radio Shack I work at. And they continue to give us dates for digital to be turned on, then keep missing every one.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

hmm Kevin in my area its pretty clear on there website it states the nightime/weekend minutes plain and clearly.

BONUS: 3150 Night &amp; Weekend Home Airtime Minutes

Enjoy 3150 night and weekend home airtime minutes every month for life as long as you remain on the rate plan selected at activation. Service agreement required - varies by market. Limited time offer.

Night hours are 9:01 pm to 5:59 am, Monday to Friday. Weekend hours are 12:00 am Saturday through 11:59 pm Sunday. If night and weekend usage exceeds 3150 minute promotion, airtime charges apply.

There is one thing I have to complain about though on one part of the site it says this includes nationwide long distance but when you click on details it doesn't say anything about the minutes being long distance even though I am sure that they are. On a note I live in Kingsport, TN.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ah Kevin, I just found out what you are talking about but if you go into the main web site and plug in your zip code and look over the plans its pretty well stated about the Nightime/Weekend minutes. Thats just a general statement about there minutes throughout there network and apprently they vary by area still a little confusing though I agree.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Bill is correct. Verizon now refers to your Peak minutes as &quot;Allowance Minutes.&quot; The other minutes are called &quot;Night &amp; Weekend&quot;, &quot;Promotional&quot;, or &quot;Weekend.&quot; They have made the assumption that WE know what they're talking about.

-Bill Radio
    -www.mountainwireless.com