Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon adds 13 cell sites in Los Angeles County

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by JFB, Jun 16, 2008.

1. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    I'm posting this here because they tell you where the new cell sites are in this press release. It would be cool if anybody could get some pictures of these for our Gallery.

=================================================

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 16, 2008

MEDIA CONTACT:
    Ken Muché
    Verizon Wireless
    Ken.Muche@verizonwireless.com

DEMAND CLIMBS FOR WIRELESS VOICE, MULTIMEDIA AND INTERNET ACCESS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Verizon Wireless adds 13 new cell sites in Los Angeles County to stay ahead of the growth

IRVINE, Calif. – Wireless users in more southern California locations are now experiencing expanded voice and data coverage thanks to the addition of new cell sites from Verizon Wireless, the carrier with the highest customer loyalty.

The new sites improve overall coverage and call capacity for customers in and around:

• Baldwin Park – Near the intersection of Freeway 605 and Valley Boulevard and surrounding area, including a portion of Freeway 10 and the commercial area between Redstone and Baldwin Park

• Calabasas – Along Mulholland Highway near Las Virgenes Road

• Downey – Along Firestone Boulevard to Imperial Highway and from Garfield to Downey Avenue

• Irwindale – Along Olive Street to just past Maine Street in Baldwin Park

• Los Angeles – Near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Nichols Canyon Road and the surrounding area; along Hollywood Boulevard between Laurel Canyon Boulevard and La Brea Avenue, including service along Nichols Canyon Road, north of Hollywood Boulevard

• Rancho Palos Verdes – Along Hawthorne Boulevard and the surrounding residential community

• San Fernando – Around Laurel Canyon Boulevard and San Fernando Mission Boulevard as well as the I-5 Freeway near the busy I-5/I-405/I-118 interchange

• San Marino – Huntington Library and surrounding residential area

• Santa Fe Springs – Within a nearly one-mile radius of the intersection of Interstate 5 and Alondra Boulevard

• Torrance – Around the Storm Business Park at the corner of Normandie Avenue and Sepulveda Boulevard, as well as a new housing development, “Las Ventanas,” and coverage along the 110 Freeway

• West Hills – Business district, north of the Fallbrook/Roscoe intersection

• Whittier – Along Interstate 605 to Sorensen Avenue and from Washington to Whittier Boulevard

The recent expansion adds to Verizon Wireless’ $4.6 billion dollar investment in California since 2000. Nationwide the company has invested more than $45 billion since it was formed – $5.5 billion on average every year – to increase the coverage and capacity of its national wireless network and to add services like BroadbandAccess, V CAST, VZ NavigatorSM, and many more.

“This consistent investment is a key reason Verizon Wireless has ranked first in customer loyalty in the industry in each of the last 14 quarters*,” said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
    Other examples of company leadership include being first to offer nationwide plans with unlimited calling and the only provider to offer a 30-day network “Test Drive” pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn’t satisfied and switches to another carrier.

Verizon Wireless’ reputation as the nation’s most reliable wireless network is supported by industry-leading redundancy and maintenance measures. This has proven particularly valuable during natural disasters and other emergencies across the country. Standard Verizon Wireless network-reliability features include battery back-up power at all facilities as well as generators installed at all switching facilities and many cell site locations.

For more information about the company’s network coverage, Test Drive from Verizon Wireless or any Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

* Loyalty claims based upon publicly available churn (customer turnover) figures.

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Scary thing is here, this about sums up most of the VzW improvements to the LA area in the last year. I haven't seen them building many new sites, even in areas where they have major coverage problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  4. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    for some odd reason i would think that is soft improvement numbers for a dense population area.

im not from there so i dont know first hand, thats just a thought.

i will say if vzw was to take a dump in a forest we would know about it in a press release.

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Its seems to me they dont add as much either but I really dont hear as many complaints about them there as others.

6. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    Ha, true that!
    Better too much info than less though.

7. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yep for a while they actually releasing these things for a single site they added somewhere out in the desert of So. Cal.

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

This was actually one quarter and one county.

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

I am sorry this was just for the month of May.

10. Jonathan Kramer

Jonathan Kramer Telecom Atty/RF Engr.

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (as of 8/13/08)
    Joe, et al:

Here are addresses of VZW sites I've worked on in Calabasas in the past year or two:

22899 Mulholland Hwy
    23700 Mulholland Hwy
    23625 Mulholland Hwy
    24000 1/2 Mulholland Highway
    22532 Mulholland Hwy
    24417 Mulholland Hwy
    23625 Mulholland Hwy
    Mullholland Hwy s. of Mulholland Drive

In Thousand Oaks, I've worked on:

1650 Moorpark Road
    2790 N. Westlake Blvd
    Fiore Play Field Park (SCE Tower)

In Irvine:

6670 Alton Parkway
    3983 Portola Parkway

I'm suggesting that there are many more sites being built, or in the planning stages out there for VZW in SoCal.

Best regards,

Jonathan

11. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    Hahah and I've long had pictures of all of those on Muholland! Funny how most of the other carriers have had coverage along that road, including MetroPCS and VzW is just now installing there.

12. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I did see a new Verizon monopalm off the 5 freeway in the Santa Fe Springs area. I believe it is between Valley View and Carmenita next to a Nextel monopalm.