Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Verizon *228 Programming

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by zackotronic, Sep 3, 2004.

1. zackotronic

zackotronic New Member

I just recieved my new phone in the mail and i called verizon and did every in order to activate it. It then said to press *228 and select option 1. It has been 5 hours now and it still says we can not program your phone at this time. Do they have to deactive my other phone? any help will be awesome.

2. ballazck

ballazck Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3587i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    since your other phone is still active, have you done an ESN swap? You can do this on the internet. Then you can do *228 option 1. If you still are having problems, call *611 from your wireless phone or call their customer service number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    In addition, make sure your old phone is turned off, when you do the swap.
    Make sure that you are in a strong signal area,
    Make sure that you are in your home area.

If the above does not work you must call CS, they can do the 228 thing from their headquarters.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

This is where GSM leads CDMA.
    Insert the SIM card your done. No fooling around w/ *228, no loosing of Information on the Phone Book.
    Now why can't CDMA phones do this if they're better.