Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Vaunted Customer Service?

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by AnthroMatt, Dec 23, 2013.

1. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Shouldn't everybody be looking to imitate Amazon's CS model and strive to be on par with them, since they are the leader? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I don't see how you model Amazon in comparison with the other consumer vendors used.
    Amazon has been great, and their 30 day return policy is perfect. However, we have 30 day policies on phones too (Well, I know Apple does)

But Amazon doesn't warranty products sold if they don't work or satisfy you after 30 days. It is up to you to contact the manufacturer. Basically there is NO customer service.

In fact, even trivial items like phone cases, if purchased from sources on Amazon, even if brand new, will not be honored by some manufacturers at all! Lots of consumer complaints about that- buying from Amazon an saving a few bucks, and taint your warranty service forever. Vendors are quite clear on that. And then, of course there are the fakes on Amazon to deal with too.

Which is why I tend to buy electronics or things like that from the dealer direct or in a store, and not from amazon.

But for paper towels, books, and other stuff, Amazon is fine...Amazon doesn't provide service or help for a majority of the items sold. The exception being their (Amazon) e-readers or tablets...but this Forrestor survey didn't have questions to generalize that comparison.

3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Who do you mean by "we"? Do you work for Apple? :confused:

In any case, it's not an in-depth comparison of metrics, it's more of an "overall feeling" of your interaction with the company.

From the leaked Apple Genius handbook, there seems to be a very heavy emphasis on using specific words,psychology, body language, etc.
    How To Be a Genius: This Is Apple's Secret Employee Training Manual

ku-xlarge.jpg

Personally, I prefer a CS person to level with me, and not give some politically correct sugar-coated answer, ie: call a crash a "crash", not a "situation" ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #33 RadioRaiders, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  4. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    It appears it time for a little bit of this spray around here....to get rid of the fanboys stuck back in the day when BB and Nokia's were on top...and can't accept the situation as it is today. ;)

Attached Files:

5. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Yes, good service.

In the process of testing battery capacity in an Apple store, the Genius said my kids phone was out of warranty. Not possible was my response. AppleCare+

So he drilled down on his ipad. Yes the original iphone had AC+, but the replacement iphone didn't get the transfer warranty.

I also found the original iPhones imei number in my Notes. Apparently one digit was mis-transcribed by Apple a year ago. He checked with others and after figuring things out, correctly moved the AC over to the current phone.

They did all this after having already determining that I wouldn't get a new battery anyways since it was sill in normal parameters.

All very polite.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro

6. arammeia

arammeia Member

The phone is less than a year old. And they want to charge you to replace a defective device??