Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

v710 charger problems?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by CASH629, Apr 15, 2005.

1. CASH629

CASH629 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX 8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    has anyone had any problems trying to charge their v710? the charger is plugged in right now but its not actually charging. when i look at the charger the 3 teeth arent all the same hight.

is there a dock or something i could buy?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. justincase

justincase New Member

welcome to Moto charging ports

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Unfortunately, that's right. Motorola charging ports are designed so that they break. So, they make more money cuz you constantly have to buy new ones.

That being said, Motorolas phones, themselves, are in my opinion far superior to other brands.

I just got a V710 today (for free!) and was talking with the sales guy about the charger issues. His advice, since I"m starting fresh with a new one (finally turned in my trusty Moto V60i, sadly) was to be sure to be very gentle when inserting and removing the charger ports from the phone.

4. kevin79

kevin79 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Is the problem with the phone or the charger? Would the desktop base charger work better and not have these problems?

5. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I also upgraded to the V710 for free the other day. The desktop charger (older clock style) works fine however my wife's desktop charger only seems to drain her battery. So it seems even the desktop chargers have a 2-3 year life span when gently used.

I find the desktop chargers are easier as it uses the entire charger port and not just the one side as with the travel charger. However you go, there is a reason this charger system is being phased out. It stinks.

6. CASH629

CASH629 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX 8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    i took the phone in to vz last tuesday. they said the problem was with the phone. when the charger is put to far into the phone it breaks it? im not sure, but i got a free replacement (yay, no more scratches on the screen!).

the guy there also told me this was a common problem with the 710s.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...