Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

v70 questions: Cost? Is it worth it??

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by pfp, Nov 9, 2002.

1. pfp

pfp Senior Member

What's the lowest price I'll find a v70 for. It needs to be unlocked and without a contract.

Additionally, what's everyone's feeling on the v70. Is it a really nice phone? Or is it mor of a hassle due to the mechanisms. Is it fun, easy to use, tell me your attitudes. The reviews on phonescoop seemed to say it left something to be desired.

P

2. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    My brother works for T-Mobile and he said that the V70 is basically just a V60 in different packaging. He said while the screen looks kinda cool, its really hard to see during the day. For the most part, he said while it looks cool as a phone, its not worth the price.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JSPPTY

JSPPTY Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    RIT,

I have seen and was allowed to use the V70 for a day. My impression of the phone is just like MCF said in response to your post. It's a V60 in a different box.

I didn't care for the small buttons, made it very hard to get used to. (Using the phone for a longer period would allow for adaptation)

The contrasting screen is a nice thing, but it was hard to read. Especially because the text size is sooo small.

The swivel feature is also a nice look, but it didn't feel right against my ear when it was in use.

All in all, I don't think the phone is worth it's price tag. I would recommend you wait until the price becomes a lot for justifiable. Until that time I would settle for a V60

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The least you'll get a V70 for, unlocked and without a contract, is maybe $400.

Is it worth it? Hell no.

5. StunGunn

StunGunn New Member

at amazon.com there is a promotion that will get you the v70 for free, it just has some kind of rebate and credit to your bill

6. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah, and that Amazon deal is with a contract. Not even Amazon is giving that phone away free w/out a contract.