Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

V60t vs. Nokia 8260 vs. Panasonic Duramax - Help please!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by markpsf, Jan 14, 2002.

1. markpsf

markpsf New Member

Okay all you hot shot experts....

I'm switching to At&t from Cingular since At&T is much better in the San Francisco area.
    I've narrowed my choice down to the Motorola V60...the Panasonic Duramax and the Nokia 8260.

I can get the Motorola for about $150 through a special deal at a local AT&T dealer.
    The Nokia is reliable and a great phone but I hate using a headset and as a good sized person with an even larger head worry about the sound quality on my voice when the tiny phone will be so far from my mouth.
    The Panasonic is of dubious quality re sound on both ends...speaking and hearing tho otherwise a very good phone.
    The Motorola seems like the best of the three but I worry about the battery life and even at the bargain price it's still not cheap!

Any advice appreciated.

Mark

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Mark,

If you can get a v60 for $150 DO IT AND QUICK. Also post the information as to the retailer some of us on wa might want to take advantage of the deal.

Kevin has the panasonic allure and he likes the phone.

I have on trial a panasonic promax which is the same as the duramax except for the rubber and I have had trouble with it.

Have a coworker who has the 8260 and loves and said that he has no problems with the internal intenna.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. biglaw11

biglaw11 New Member

HI,

Can you please let me know where you can get it for $150? I'm from the BAY AREA too! Thanks a bunch!

my e-mail is: lawwoo11@yahoo.com

-biglaw11

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    That is an interesting price quote. I wonder if the poster intended to say $250 or even $350. Even the discount places like LetsTalk ($269) and 1800Mobiles ($299) are no where near the under-one-hundred dollar mark.

5. markpsf

markpsf New Member

Okay here is the definitive word re the deal in San Francisco....For those of you in the city...grab a copy of last week's SF Weekly (p.4) ...although I bet the one out tomorrow will run the same ad....

Mobitel Dealer Group stores...I went to the one at 107 West Portal (...phone 415/731-8112) but there are three other stores....She has a few more of the phone in stock.

I signed up for the 39.99 AT&T Digital Advantage Plan - 2 year contract. This is what I wanted anyway.
    400 minutes...unlimited nights and weekends ....free national long distance...free roaming in 4 states.
    also free: voicemail, caller ID, call waiting and 3 way calling.....and no activation charge

+ some free accessories: cigarette lighter charger, leather case, car mount holster, internal antenna (she also threw in other extras - including an extra battery -because I mentioned that I was putting this info out on this website.)

The phone cost me about $230 (don't have receipt with me) with tax....and I''ll be getting an $80 rebate from AT&T.
    So the total will be just a few cents over $150.

I don't think you can get this deal on a one year contract but you can call them to check.

Candace is the woman who runs the place on West Portal.

Mark Phillips

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I knows a few place in the Bay Area that sell the v60t and v60c for very cheap. For ex. if you sign up $49.00 plan w/ATT the cost of the brand new v60t will be $170.00. The higher monthly plan the cheaper the phone. Email me and I will let you know where if you live in the Bay Area. ( bt_5500@yahoo.com )

7. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Mark:

Congrats. Great deal. I should have figured the $80 rebate into that. I just got mine from the Allure I bought back in November. If you can, make sure you scan the completed copy (or at least photocopy it). The ATT store I dealt with told me that if the refund company (a 3rd-party administrator) gives me any problems with the refund, to come and see them about it. Also, make sure you don't sign it. The signature is actually a waiver to donate the rebate to a charitable fund.

Kevin

8. markpsf

markpsf New Member

Thanks

Thanks Kevin...very helpful advice!

Mark

9. biglaw11

biglaw11 New Member

Thanks

I spoke with our helpful friend, Mark, earlier and he told me the same thing.

I called Candace and spoke with her. She says that you don't really need the ad and that this special runs until 1/26. The phone itself is 189.99 + tax on the retail value of the phone. Which makes it $230. From there on, it's all based on rebates and activation fee waivers.

ATT offers:
    1 year contract = $40 ATT REBATE
    2 year contract = $80 ATT REBATE + $35 waived activation fee

so that's the deal!! GREAT DEAL!! WOO HOO!!

Thanks MARK!

10. biglaw11

biglaw11 New Member

Thanks

Hey guys!!

I just went yesterday and got the phone!! It's pretty awesome!! Great deal too! I haven't had a chance to really play with the phone yet, but will do so soon. If you guys have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at lawwoo@pcmagic.net

Thanks!

-biglaw11