Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

v60s

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by kingofgondor, Jul 23, 2004.

1. kingofgondor

kingofgondor New Member

I have had the v60s for about 4 days now. I live in NH, so many areas are considered to be "rural." My coverage has been great, but does the battery on the v60s bite or what? Other than that it seems like a good phone. I don't need all of the bells and whistles, but I am wondering if there is a better tri-mode phone that my Go Wireless store is offering. I paid $40 for the v60s. :confused:

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Hey,
    I have a quick question. I like the way the V60s looks, etc. and I'm wondering how all you guys like your V60's....I heard the battery life could be better...but what's there to say other than that???
    Thanks,
    Andy

3. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    king,

If you want a newer looking phone you might want to look at the Samsung A650, tri-mode, but without all the bells and whistles. I don't know much about that phone so I can't say if it would be better then the v60s or not.

Andy,

Yes the battery life could be better, I can usually get 2 days on standby. I've just gotten into the habit of charging the phone every night. I found that if you get the extended battery that it works better, but it makes the phone really thick. If the phone is in analog a lot you would probably be looking at the battery lasting around a day before it was dead.

I've been happy with the phone, it is one of the few that a analog call sounds good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thank you so much for your help...say, do you have any reception problems at all with your phone. I've read reviews that said people have reception issues with the v60s, but didn't have them with the v60i...what are your thoughts?
    Anyone else please feel free to add anything to this, any help is appreciated.
    Andy

5. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    I've actually gotten better reception then the A310 I had, and a little better then the LG VX6k that I have when I'm at home. The Moto would hold a weak digital signal better then the A310 I had. The people that have reception issues with the phone may have gotten bad ones or I may have just gotten one that is really good. About the greatest feature it has is the speaker phone, I can use that while I'm driving and not have to worry about any cords.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

All right...Thank you so much for the info.
    :)

7. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I got to play with a V60s for a few days, I charged it every night but, as was mentioned above, if you are in analog mode frequently your battery goes south pretty quick, as well as when you are using the speakerphone instead of the earpiece.

8. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All right, thank you for the info! :)

9. Lusec

Lusec New Member

I just went on a fishing trip today with my v60s fully charged last night. Got there at 12 and by 3 the battery died and the phone switched off. It was switching between digital and analog a lot. Needless to say I was pretty upset about it. I admit I am attracted to the speakerphone but the battery problem might force me to return the phone. :browani:

10. Psted

Psted New Member

My Phone:
    v710
    I am currently using a v60s and have very few problems with battery life. Could it be your battery?

11. Lusec

Lusec New Member

Probably not since I have 3 of the same batteries and they all pretty much die very quickly.

12. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    The battery life on the v60s is known to be very short. About the only thing you can do is get a extended battery or keep a charger with you.

13. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    A new V60s software version was recently approved. I'd check to see if your local store has the upgrade in yet. The version is 8600_03.0F.00 or possibly 03.0F.0R. My eyes are going bad. No idea what it fixes, improves, or otherwise changes.

14. WillGayther

WillGayther Junior Member

I believe that if you look at the "official" battery times on the v60s on the verizon website, you'll find that they are significantly shorter than other phones.

15. DMK1974

DMK1974 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V265
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just got my V60s today. It will be replacing my V60i. Sure seems like a fatty in comparison, but I do like the speakerphone and better ringtone options.

I felt that my V60i had great battery life even with the slim 5704 battery. The V60s also came with a slim 5704. Sounds like I should expect poorer battery performance in comparison.

Also, does anyone know how to completely wipe my V60i? I want to give it to my brother who uses US Cellular. I have Verizon. Both providers list the V60i so I assume he can use it as long as I blank it or something. Thanks!

16. TheZelot

TheZelot New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A930
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint, Nextel
    I just got a V60S a week ago to replace my A530 which I hated. I love the 60S. I had a V60C a few years ago which was awsome. This one is a great impovement. But battery life stinks. Mine came with the SNN5717 which I guess is a 500MAH. The SNN5704 is a 700MAh. My battery only lasts for about 8 to 12 hours and thats making 3 to 5 calls. Less if I use the speaker. I took it to VZ store last Friday and they said that the software update would fix it. There is a power management problem with the older software is what they said so I left it for 20 minutes and got it back with SW ver 03.0F.00. This DID NOT fix the battery life problem. I have since ordered a new battery. I have yet to get back to the VZ store to see if they will replace my battery under warranty or not. I love this phone and would hat to have to return it. I really don't need color, fancy games and ringtones or to take pictures.

17. fondoo

fondoo Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6236i (LOVE IT)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    how did the update in the firmware work out??