Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

v60s won't vibrate

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by lg4650, Nov 4, 2005.

1. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    anyone have this problem before. i search a few threads and it looks like some people have, but a solution doesn't look obvious. i have:

master reset
    power cycled
    put keypad volume to at least 1 on all ring types
    put ring volume to at least 1 on all ring types

help! :confused:

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    The phone vibrates by spinning a small electric motor at high velocity with an off center weight attached to the shaft. There may be a physical problem here. Failure of the motor, a break in the circuit that powers the motor, or the weight may have become detached from the motor. For a more detailed description of this check out post #2 in this thread. I included pictures of the mechanism.

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/general-discussion-wireless/11696-vibrate.html?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    thanks jay. so if you're not mechanically inclined, like me, best bet is to take it in for service at this point, right?

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Check first. At this point I think they would probably charge you more just to look at it than its worth. I would recommend going to a large corporate store for your carrier, they may have a tech on the premises to look at it. If not then they're probably going to charge you over $100 to send it off for repair. I remember when my StarTac died. They wanted $150 to send it out just to be looked at. I just bought a new phone. (btw - it was a V60t) If your carrier is Cingular then you can just buy another V60s on Ebay and have your service transferred to it. I think the V60s is a TDMA phone?? If it is you may want to upgrade to GSM at this point. If your carrier is a CDMA carrier (Verizon, sprint) then you should just buy a new phone. They won't let you activate another V60 on your plan because of the new cellular E911 requirements.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    It depends on the model, there was v60c, v60t, v60g, and v60ic, v60it, v60 ig.

LG, if you want to keep the v60 form and are with VZW you could look at the v60S, it's a update to the v60 series with E911 capabilities.

6. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    thanks. this is a v60S. i called the vzw store local and told them, they said, bring it in and we'll look at it. if it's a problem and we have to replace ($50), you'll need to activate it first (i have the service on another phone for the time being because i need vibrate at work). i take it down and then they tell me that it has to be activated for them to test it! ? why tell me 1 thing over the phone, then tell me another when i get there?? you block off sometime to spend to check into something and they hose you. ridiculous & frustrating..